LegacyGT.com

Official Suspension FAQ - Swaybars - Struts/Springs - Coilovers - Alignment

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you take a picture of how your tophats are on your legacy when I bolted them up to mine they seemed wrong as the camber plates didnt align vertically but i know alot of cars that do the same. I'm just interested that all.

seriously i use to cringe when i came to an unavoidable pothole but now im less worried

Ill take pics, when I get home. Im up in Tahoe this weekend. And I totally agree about the potholes thing. :lol:

also someone said something about different springs? can you get different springs on the racelands, per say stiffer ones?

I did, I have rear springs with 480lb spring rate in the garage ready to install. Ill get with Mike on igotasubaru.com and see where he ordered mine for me.

The Racelands do no have adjustable dampening and only one set of springs for the coilovers.

Yeah they only have one set of springs out right now for them which are the 450 and 280 spring rates

True, but there is their sister company I believe that make an identical set with stiffer rear springs for wagons like mine.

"Other springs"

See above :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question forgive me if its stupid but I got a great deal on a complete suspension and brakes from a 02 wrx. Now when I install this could I use the tie rods and sway bars from that car? Or is the lengths different for the bars?

Also my rear is drum brakes. Would it be best to take the whole rear from the wrx? Like the knuckle also? Or the strust and springs and rotors and calipers would be fine?

Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2

Brakes should fit as far as I know. The rear sway bar will fit if you cut the trunk a little. The front won't fit w/o the cross member.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

Hmm ok. Would the knuckles and everything bolt right up if I took that? And just put my regular tie rods and sways back in. Is it a good upgrade or is it just not worth it? I just figured anything is better then this stock setup. And while he's giving everything a way at a resonable price.

Doing the wrx crossmember means I would need to change up my exhaust right?

i'm not sure but your exhaust should fit just fine w/ the wrx cross member. i don't think there is a problem but i havent come across anyone who has tried that.

and the nice thing about the wrx x-member would be if you ever go to a turbo swap, you'll be one step closer. :)

You need a stack of washers for your control arm on each side. I don't remember what size but they are available at lowes. The legacy arms are a bit small for the wrx member.

So take the wrx control arms?

Its a yes and no answer to your question. in bolt up wise they will bolt right in, but as in size they are longer than your stock. They wrx control arms are made for the wider wrx whille when put on our cars they will give you excessive negative camber as your are pushing out the lower part of your strut assembly. You can use these and correct the camber with camber bolts and camber plate tophats.

If you have a set of the sti aluminum ones, better chances of selling those off and finding a set of jdm GC aluminum control arms. Those are the exact same dimensions as ours and will bolt right up

• I Donated

I installed the 22mm Whiteline adjustable rear sway. When on the stiffest setting, it would hit the trailing arms / lateral links.

To fix this I cut off the two soft setting....

Just sharing in case any one else runs into this issue.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I installed the 22mm Whiteline adjustable rear sway. When on the stiffest setting, it would hit the trailing arms / lateral links.

To fix this I cut off the two soft setting....

Just sharing in case any one else runs into this issue.

^^^can you snap a photo off what your 22mm Whiteline rear sway looks like?

¿Por favor señor buero?

• I Donated

Sure.

Its the Whiteline 22mm adjustable rear part #BSR19XXZ

I cut just between the very inside adjustment and the middle adjustment.

http://www.whiteline.com.au/images/thumbnail/tn_BSR19XXZ.jpg

http://www.whiteline.com.au/images/thumbnail/tn_BSR19XXZ-2.jpg

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
Or just buy the rallitek bar. Its cheaper than the whitelines anyway AND comes with end links. Can't lose.

Rallitek bars are decent....but Whitelines are MUCH stronger. If you're considering SERIOUSLY using your swaybars, Whiteline is the way to go. There is a good reason they cost a little bit more.

Jordan with Defined Performance (http://www.definedusa.com) can usually hook you up with a pretty decent deal on Whiteline stuff. He will beat anyones price.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Yeah there is a reason they cost more. Name brand? Haha. My rear bar has been used on its stiffest setting since day one and almost every weekend I go out and use it on curves. Also a autocross and open track day event. Which it hasn't broken a sweat. THE ONLY issue I have had is the bushing starting to go out on the rallitek endlink. No big deal.

Haven't had a single issue. Nor have I heard of one. However I don't take it off road. Yet more of the stress is on the mounts and links then the actual bar itself I believe.

• I Donated

You're right about one thing Baddog

My swaybar mount today after I got done trail riding

http://img.tapatalk.com/ce1db6a0-2e7a-bb6b.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/ce1db6a0-2e41-15f7.jpg

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated
Yeah...I had all kinds of death knocks coming from the rear so I stopped to inspect the damage and thats what I found lol

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT