LegacyGT.com

Official Suspension FAQ - Swaybars - Struts/Springs - Coilovers - Alignment

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, for our wagons its a bit soft for a lowered ride. But... I love it and there is another company out there that matches those springs with a 400+ rear rate and I have a set in my gargage ready to go on (hopefully tomorrow)

All I did was turn the preload up a little higher, camber in a bit and I can run 245/45/17 tires with little rubbing except on big or high speed bump/dips.

I promise, for the price and ease of installation you can NOT do better ride or handling quality than the racelands for 98-02 RS set up.

If I was going to lower my next Suby I would go Raceland again... however Im LIFTING the next one :lol:

I'm now on racelands as well and after 2 days with them I have to say they out did my hks hypermaxx's in ride quality. The car holds verry well through turns the only thing I im sure of is the front camber plates. I got alot more camber out of the hks as barely anything out of these. Im using ebachi camber bolts to get my alignment where needed.

I got the GTSpec anti lift kit what do you wanna know?

A noticeable mod?

Also I see you got racelands as well how did the build quality feel? I want to get some but I am afraid of breaking them under spirited driving.

I'm now on racelands as well and after 2 days with them I have to say they out did my hks hypermaxx's in ride quality. The car holds verry well through turns the only thing I im sure of is the front camber plates. I got alot more camber out of the hks as barely anything out of these. Im using ebachi camber bolts to get my alignment where needed.

John, are you saying you need more than -2.0* camber!? I can adjust my racelands all the way out or in +/- 4.0* :eek:

Also I see you got racelands as well how did the build quality feel? I want to get some but I am afraid of breaking them under spirited driving.

Why do people keep saying that? I did quite a bit of research before I bought my set almost a year ago and have done some pretty spirited driving both just around town and on mountain roads as well as a couple road trips.

john, I agree with you on the ride quality. Its quite impressive, even my friends agree who have spent THOUSANDS of dollars for thier WRXs and STi's and they say my car rides nicer than thiers. Granted, I dont have adjustable dampning and a fancy name but I have damn good ride quality, and amazing handling for a FRACTION of the cost of the so called "high quality" coils.

John, are you saying you need more than -2.0* camber!? I can adjust my racelands all the way out or in +/- 4.0* :eek:

Why do people keep saying that? I did quite a bit of research before I bought my set almost a year ago and have done some pretty spirited driving both just around town and on mountain roads as well as a couple road trips.

john, I agree with you on the ride quality. Its quite impressive, even my friends agree who have spent THOUSANDS of dollars for thier WRXs and STi's and they say my car rides nicer than thiers. Granted, I dont have adjustable dampning and a fancy name but I have damn good ride quality, and amazing handling for a FRACTION of the cost of the so called "high quality" coils.

I keep saying that because i push this car hard on twisties almost every week. Just a concern of mine.

A noticeable mod?

I would say they are just the same as my hypermaxx's in quality, but the preload that the hypermaxx's had on them. these are coilovers that have had R&D put into them as the company is somewhat local nevada. I I like them alot like alot alot and I dont think they are going to break under some spirited driving unless you wrap your car around a tree then maybe one of them might have slight damage lol.

John, are you saying you need more than -2.0* camber!? I can adjust my racelands all the way out or in +/- 4.0* :eek

Can you take a picture of how your tophats are on your legacy when I bolted them up to mine they seemed wrong as the camber plates didnt align vertically but i know alot of cars that do the same. I'm just interested that all.

Since I my friend gave me his he had to use extra camber bolts to get his alignment to spec. I felt like the camber plates weren't giving out enough camber, but i will see once i get an alignment right now i know i got negative camber like a mother lol

I think 10,000 miles of potholes, canyon driving on weekends, and daily driving wouldve caused an issue if there was gonna be one. My $.02 :lol:

seriously i use to cringe when i came to an unavoidable pothole but now im less worried

We will see how they hold up to autox.

Once summer hits and i get some new rubber I will let you know

so would you think the racelands can handle a couple trips to the track this summer with at least 250 to the wheels? also someone said something about different springs? can you get different springs on the racelands, per say stiffer ones?

That 250 at the wheels will all depend on what tire you choose for the track. f you are serious about tracking your car, I'd go with something that has a bit more customization such as different k rated springs, and dampening control. This way you are able to dial in what you are comfortable with as you advance in learning how to professionally drive.

The Racelands do no have adjustable dampening and only one set of springs for the coilovers. So you are limiting you self at these rates when you go out to the track and might end up pushing yourself to try to make the suspension work for you and not with you.

Did the rear top hat/camber plates with the Racelands fit on the BD (the GD version of course) or did you guys buy the GC version of the coils?

They don't have rear camber plates but I'm using the GD ones and they fit not problem. Only thing is you have to zip tie the brake lines to the coilover, but that is easy

Also curious about these "different springs" for racelands

Yeah they only have one set of springs out right now for them which are the 450 and 280 spring rates

Yeah, for our wagons its a bit soft for a lowered ride. But... I love it and there is another company out there that matches those springs with a 400+ rear rate and I have a set in my gargage ready to go on (hopefully tomorrow)

"Other springs"