LegacyGT.com

Official Suspension FAQ - Swaybars - Struts/Springs - Coilovers - Alignment

what kind of rear 22-25 sway bar do you have? ....the tribeca 25 fits a 2nd gen front??

I have the Rallitek rear bar.

I also do have the tribeca bar. It mounts on the outside of the endlinks. Was kind of a pain to install only due to bushing fitment. If you have an L I guess the bushing mounts are different.

If you have the GT I would get the "Energy Suspension" 25mm bushing kit. $15-20.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but think that a Tribeca bar would be overkill for these cars. Unless you want a perfectly flat racing car...

My 22mm RalliTek bar on the middle setting has eliminated a SIGNIFICANT portion of the body roll on my car... and mine is a high-riding Outback with 150,000 miles on the struts... so I can only imagine that a regular legacy could get pretty close to flat with that bar.

Sti control arms. Do they bolt right up?

I want to say no because of the wider stance of the sti, but I have never tried them.

I think I remember someone on here trying to get them to work and had to buy jdm ones instead but I could be completely wrong.

I hear if you get the USDM 04-06 STI ones its well worth it. It gives around 2 degrees of caster.

I am going to give it a try here in the next month or two. Found a bent control arm. So might as well upgrade. Gives it a wider track.

I hear if you get the USDM 04-06 STI ones its well worth it. It gives around 2 degrees of caster.

I am going to give it a try here in the next month or two. Found a bent control arm. So might as well upgrade. Gives it a wider track.

In for the results!

You got me interested now lol

Are the sway bars on our Legacy's interchangeable with a 97 Impreza OB Sport? A friend might be picking one up soon and we wanted to see if it was possible to upgrade the OBS sways by swapping from a parts car.

I don't believe so. Buddy has a 97 OBS was a different sway bar setup then what I got. On the rear that is.

• 1 month later...

Decided to just use the 96 legacy C-arms with new whiteline bushings. Too much money invested into fixing it.

Wish I could go balls to the wall but I HAVE GOT to fix this damn wheel vibration