LegacyGT.com

Official Suspension FAQ - Swaybars - Struts/Springs - Coilovers - Alignment

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm hoping for the handling, comfort mix too.

Where can I find the spacers? Are they made by someone in particular?

subtle is the brand name, google subtle strut spacers I think the 3/8 are somewhere around $25,

well hopefully that stupid sob has good insurance! is there any serious body damage or mostly suspension? that is heartbreaking dude i would be getting my insurance on the hustle to get that taken care of or give me some $$$ so i could do it

i would be amazed if you didnt bend the hell out of a control arm. i had a bent one and only one wheel got trashed and my struts were okay. did you have it insured for the extra value of the aftermarket parts?

The guy kept driving and I didnt get a tag, It happened so fast I couldnt even tell what kind of truck it was. No body damage. Just the wheels and struts. Even the $1000 tires are still ok! I swapped to some steelies from a first gen forester and swapped back to the OEM struts. Then I had it inspected by a dealership in Columbus,Ga. They said nothing is bent or broken. Going to pick it up Tomorrow. Plan on rebuilding the coilovers again and buying some used wheels then putting my tires back on. Gotta get it back right because it was riding so nicely.

dang dude you got off pretty lucky as far as all that goes at least! im not sure what happened to my car before i bought it but i know the front steel wheel was completely smashed in and it bent the crap out of my control arm. im picturing it having a sudden meeting with a curb around 35 or so

you gonna try and make an insurance claim on it or just say screw it and try to fix it on your time

NOW!!! Lastnight a drunk driver veered off of the road into my driveway and smashed my 04 FXT in half!

dude you need to get the hell out of where ever you are living :eek:

that has to be some bored trolling nobody has that bad of luck

No trolling over here. Im 30 and have two engineering degrees, one being automotive engineering, main study Mechanical Engineering...

The speed limit is 30, they were traveling so fast that the front of the forester clipped and bounced my 26,000 lb dump truck across the yard.

11018906_10206254943911498_2539470352856859695_o.jpg

Edited by joshmikesad

DEAR GOD! you have some terrible luck with drunk drivers. im going to make the wild assumption that the car that smashed your forester didnt just back up and drive off after that hit so at least you have someone to turn over to your insurance on that one.

that is a really bad week for your little fleet you have going

and no offense intended by the troll comment its just hard to believe anyone has that bad of luck

• 1 month later...

So I read every single page of this thread, as well as studying the first page extensively - all very good information and you guys have helped me a lot in planning my suspension set up.

I was looking for camber bolts to ad to the set up and came across this - wondered if anyone had tried it or if someone had any opinions on it based on it's description?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/eibach-pro-alignment-kits/p3039309.jcwx?filterid=d1939y1997g7j1

I used these on the rear of my 97 Legacy Outback with Megan Coilovers....

http://www.hrsprings.com/products/triple-c/

So I read every single page of this thread, as well as studying the first page extensively - all very good information and you guys have helped me a lot in planning my suspension set up.

I was looking for camber bolts to ad to the set up and came across this - wondered if anyone had tried it or if someone had any opinions on it based on it's description?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/eibach-pro-alignment-kits/p3039309.jcwx?filterid=d1939y1997g7j1

• 4 weeks later...
Hey, I recently bought myself a 1997 Legacy GT and I noticed that my front left wheel squeaks when I turn at higher speeds, any idea on what it could be?

• 5 weeks later...
I have a 2000 Liberty gen3 and i want to lower the car but i cant afford coilovers and the lowering springs for my car only lower it 30mm from standard height. I found lowering springs for a 2000 impreza that lowers it 60mm from standard height, was curious if those springs will fit in my car??

• 2 months later...
Looking to upgrade my suspension on my 95 Legacy

What brand should I be looking towards?

Depends on what you want to do specifically, and your budget. Check out the first page of this thread and it'll tell you everything you need to make an informed decision.

That said, if you want to go "stock", it seems that going with KYB struts and stock or other springs (ex: WRX springs) is a good combo. If you want lowering and are on a budget, Raceland coilovers are an option, but there's a ton of mixed reviews. If you want performance, there's a host of other options, but entry price starts around $1K (US) and only goes up from there.

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone know if this will fit my 95 wagon? I want to be sure before I order everything. Same kit from the first page of this thread

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Suspension-19-18101R-Master-Subaru/dp/B000CN72YW/?tag=viglink20901-20]Amazon.com: Energy Suspension 19.18101R Master Set for Subaru Wrx: Automotive[/ame]

Also rockauto.com has really cheap camber bolt kits

Edited by 93ej22

• 2 weeks later...
Won't work..... there is not a complete bushing kit for this generation. The is a thread with all the bushings needed to rebuild. Stock ones should be fine if you want to maintain a comfortable ride.

ah thank you! glad someone said it, I can probably piece together a full set of stock type on rockauto if that is the case

• 3 weeks later...