LegacyGT.com

Official Ice Silver Metallic Thread

TTG

Hey TTG, how is that wiring holding up for your independent foglight mod? I would be more than grateful if you would share your knowledge.

So far so good but I wish someone would figure it out how to do it the rightway..... I will PM you and let you know what i have done.

• 1 month later...
Well, I'm impressed that your grill is a Subaru product too. Nothing like that in N. America.

I spotted this grille on http://www.subaru-global.com/13legacy_acc.html

even before buying my car and decided I needed one of those. My local Subaru dealer said it needed to be imported from Japan at a cost of US $ 1,114.00. After some intense research I found (thanks to this forum) the amazing http://www.japanparts.com site where I was able (after waiting for 3 weeks) to get the grille: http://www.japanparts.com/db/parts_detail.php?NUMBER=00040795&VOLUME=488-008-001&DEALER=1&CAR=180&MIDDLE=&SMALL=&MAKER=5&VOLKEY=&SEARCH_DEALER=1&SEARCH_CAR=180&SEARCH_MIDDLE=&SEARCH_SMALL=&SEARCH_MAKER=5&SEARCH_VOLKEY=&SEARCH_page=&submit.x=63&submit.y=10

for US $ 423.50 + $ 100 shipping $ 100 customs taxes. That's 44% less...still pricey, I know but as I said, just had to have it.

This grille has extraordinary detailing that allows the bonnet creases to continue on to the grille thanks to its three dimensional design, as you can notice in the enclosed pic.

You guys should try this site!:cool:

1337278076_Subarubrandgrille.JPG.68f15534e47d1bb3b1e738930122f87a.JPG

759031440_Subarubrandgrille2.JPG.a9536feb58b98d2fb06be7835fc070ce.JPG

Edited by Magopra
Info added.

Believe us, we know about this site. It contains "mostly" parts for Subaru Legacies that are not intended to fit USDM Legacies :( It may be different for 2013 models however 2010-2012 models do not have many parts that fit.

In this case, this particular grille is manufactured by Subaru itself, for all the 2013 Legacys that they sell in Peru. From the pictures I've seen on this forum of many 2013 USA Legacys, this one seems 100% compatible bro.

Please notice that the pictures I enclosed above come from the Subaru global site, so perhaps the grille may fit more than one region.

"The important thing is that we enjoy our cars"

Edited by Magopra

@magopra

True, some very meticulous photo analysis/comparison will need to be done for the 2013 USDM owners to see if it fits.

For 2010-2012, the grille is different in USDM vs EDM and JDM. So that's a "no go" for direct bolt-on for us.

Dear f-a-f, I think it would not be a very smart move from Subaru to offer an accessory grille that fits only a small portion of the 2013 and perhaps some of the 2011-2012 global Legacy line, but, as you said, and as I did myself prior to ordering this grille, a careful photographical study is desirable.

Let me say, though, that japanparts.com requires you to provide your VIN No. on ordering, so this should narrow the error margin.

Have a good one!.

Edited by Magopra
added Info

Magopra,

Congrats on your Legacy GT and nice choice of grille btw. Was thinking of doing just that for my SWP 2.5i Limited 2011 model.

Any major differences between a "surface mesh" or expanded metal" grille? Why did you go for the "surface mesh" option?

Saludos,

LOW

Magopra,

Congrats on your Legacy GT and nice choice of grille btw. Was thinking of doing just that for my SWP 2.5i Limited 2011 model.

Any major differences between a "surface mesh" or expanded metal" grille? Why did you go for the "surface mesh" option?

Saludos,

LOW

Thanks LOW , went for that one because for me it's the one that is more congruent with the general design of the car, the most detailed and finally because it is made by Subaru themselves. Is this the one you are considering for your car?

http://www.japanparts.com/db/parts_detail.php?submit.x=74&submit.y=5&NUMBER=00029061&VOLUME=444-006-004&DEALER=1&CAR=157&MIDDLE=&SMALL=&MAKER=5&VOLKEY=&SEARCH_DEALER=1&SEARCH_CAR=157&SEARCH_MIDDLE=&SEARCH_SMALL=&SEARCH_MAKER=5&SEARCH_VOLKEY=&SEARCH_page=

Here you've got a rather more detailed image of the grille.

Saludos tambien.

20130129_113357-1.thumb.jpg.0b97f83211abd092e78b89a137af8b7c.jpg

Edited by Magopra

@Magopra:

Your grille looks much like the Subaru code J1010AJ600NN, sold in Italy at Euro 199,- incl. VAT (approx USD 270).

There is also another type, code J1010AJ630, sold at Euro 279,- incl. VAT (approx USD 380).

The difference between the two is the colour of the outside frame (600NN: silver, 630: black plastic) and the grille mesh position (600NN: at 3-4 cm inside the frame, 630: upfront)

Hope this helps others as reference for a direct buy in Subaru.

Ciao, Michael.