LegacyGT.com

Clutchmasters FX300 Long Term Reviews?

Scooby2.5

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's been a week now and still have not received a shipped confirmation or tracking number. Called THMotorsports and they said they have to get that clutch from the manufacturer and they haven't sent them anything yet. I'm getting slightly annoyed.

When I get this clutch in I have to finish an infamous1 tune. With the break in period being 500 miles is it ok to do 3rd gear pulls within that time as long as your not shifting hard or being rough on take offs?

I would not take any unnecessary risks with a kevlar clutch.

• 2 weeks later...

Running CM FX300 with WRX SMFW for a few weeks now, loving it. 05 LGT. Came from OEM DMFW and FX300 as even nicer with soft grab. The only thing I noted is that it looks like I need to change my motor mounts as I get engine shakes most of the time I take of from standing still. :)

Here;s link to my thread where I ended up going with CM FX300:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/05-lgt-tob-whine-time-new-clutch-192376.html

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

After a long battle I got everything sorted out with my car. I've only got 130 miles on the clutch so I haven't ran it hard at all yet but so far just putting around it feels very smooth. My old exedy stage 1 was a lot stiffer pedal feel and was not near as smooth of an angagement. The engagement is also about middle of the pedal and the Exedy was right off the floor. I like where this pedal engages it just took a little bit to get used to.

• 2 weeks later...
I've got about 1k miles on my fx300 + ACT streetlite flywheel combo. It has gotten a lot less smooth in low rpm take offs, you kinda have to bring the revs up a bit to not get chatter but I believe most of that is because of the LWFW. It really got a lot grabbier than when I first installed it and it allows less slipping. Slow moving traffic from the holiday season I can see getting very annoying with this clutch but normal city driving it is not bad at all. When your getting on it and shifting through the gears it really grabs. All in all I would say it makes a good DD setup and would be a great track setup.

• 2 weeks later...

where are the engagement point for you guys?

Mine started at the bottom, and one time I accidently let out the clutch when I shouldn't be (back to 4krpm), the the engagement point moved a lot to almost the top? (this happened around the 300 miles or so after I put in the clutch)

I like my fx100 after about 1200 miles... felt fantastic when first installed but now it feels like stock to me. Not sure if that makes sense. No problems at all with it though and the price was right.

I know it's not a fx300 review but figured some people might be looking for information on the less popular clutches in their lineup

Archived