LegacyGT.com

TurboXS Midpipe/Y-Pipe Development!

BAC5.2

Coldsubycz - It's aimed at being quiet, but high flow. The non-resonated, non-flex midpipe will probably be available, if you want a louder exhaust. If it's still not loud enough, any muffler that will bolt to the stock catback will bolt to this. I'll see about talking TXS into making "loud" mufflers too.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Coldsubycz - It's aimed at being quiet, but high flow. The non-resonated, non-flex midpipe will probably be available, if you want a louder exhaust. If it's still not loud enough, any muffler that will bolt to the stock catback will bolt to this. I'll see about talking TXS into making "loud" mufflers too.

Cool! I'm actually looking for a nice quiet system. I have the SPTv2, but the y-pipe hangs low. Like the sound of the SPT, just wish it was quieter. I'm excited about this system. I'd be looking at the resonated with flex midpipe. Thanks for all this info! It's fun to get the updates

Cool! I'm actually looking for a nice quiet system. I have the SPTv2, but the y-pipe hangs low. Like the sound of the SPT, just wish it was quieter. I'm excited about this system. I'd be looking at the resonated with flex midpipe. Thanks for all this info! It's fun to get the updates

Do you want it more quiet or less drone? My SPT v2 seemed to hang ok with stock hangers but I guess a 3 inch pipe is tough to tuck.

BAC - what size dia is this particular system aiming for most stock guys DONT need a 3 inch dia exhaust

This system is 3" with 2.5" y's. With a catted DP and stock mufflers, it's hardly louder than stock and zero drone.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

That is very interesting so are they making a muffler that handles the odd pairing of boxer engine exhaust pulses better than other OTS mufflers?

Thats the plan.

I have no idea what that means (in terms of how the sound will be affected), but I look forward to finding out and hearing some sound clips...and purchasing some turboXS parts

Do you want it more quiet or less drone? My SPT v2 seemed to hang ok with stock hangers but I guess a 3 inch pipe is tough to tuck.

Sorry about that quick reply. I had my kids and they were screaming at the moment so my thought process was a little distracted at that point.

The volume of the SPT is great, yes, it's the drone that happens between 2500-3500 RPM when going 65-70'ish mph. If it was just me in the car, no big deal, but with the family it get a little loud in the back when cruising at those RPMs. Kids don't mind they like dad's car, but they do say "What" a lot more when in the car:).

In a few posts above I asked about a third muffler, but BAC said it will be a resonator. After I thought about it, that will probably be just fine with the new mufflers he mentioned that TXS was developing. Or I could just get the mid/y section and custom fit my SPT mufflers to the TXS system. I'm thinking that would sound perfect, low sound and little to no drone!

Looking at the pictures it looks like the TXS y-pipe is tucked really nicely and probably is about 1-1/2" higher then the SPT y-pipe. Yes, a 3" pipe is a challenge to work with, but the TSX system looks beautiful.

Can't wait to see the pictures of the resonated mid-pipe with the flex section!

Yea, the "stealthback" uses the stock mufflers. So this will, technically, be that.

The Outback mufflers will have turndown tips. I haven't really thought about the sedan and wagon mufflers since I don't have a sedan or wagon to work with. Personally, I like oval tips for the shape of the cutout that we have.

My car is currently pretty slammed. Nearly riding on the rear bumpstops. I've yet to scrape the exhaust on anything. It sits REALLY tucked out of the way. The y-pipe is no lower than the rest of the midpipe.

Great to hear you like the oval mufflers too. If it's a definite yes to oval tips then looks like I'll wait as long as I have to for this tbe. :)

Yea, the "stealthback" uses the stock mufflers. So this will, technically, be that.

The Outback mufflers will have turndown tips. I haven't really thought about the sedan and wagon mufflers since I don't have a sedan or wagon to work with. Personally, I like oval tips for the shape of the cutout that we have.

My car is currently pretty slammed. Nearly riding on the rear bumpstops. I've yet to scrape the exhaust on anything. It sits REALLY tucked out of the way. The y-pipe is no lower than the rest of the midpipe.

You need to get a wagon owner from your area. Im interested in this for my wagon.

We will, eventually, need a wagon and a sedan for test fitment. Preferably all stock.

Not on the radar, but I can always ask.

Archived