LegacyGT.com

What'd you do to your FIRST Gen. Subaru today?

Dude congrats. That's fantastic.

My daughter is due Jan 6.

Nice!! Congrats in advance! Is she your first? We already have two boys, had to build the beat down squad up before we could have a girl ;)

way to go joe, lovely wife and child...I will be glad to drive your car while you take care of the baby lol. hehe

Cool! Just wire up the motor for me and have fun! Hahahaha

Congrats Joe! Married, no kids, but I have some awesome dogs. Retired racing greyhounds I rescued!

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn41/henry616/Mobile%20Uploads/A3D573EA-01FE-4004-9F02-8F7F72259315_zpsu8zd8zvm.jpg

I told my wife I like fast cars, fast dogs, and slow women. :lol:

So the starter was making some wierd noises on the turbo legacy. I thought it was the battery, had it tested. Test said the battery was fine. So I installed a reman starter and it would just click once. Only way to get it to crank was to jump a wire to the solenoid. Then it kinda worked. So I returned the reman starter for another one and bought a nice Bosch battery to replace the crappy Walmart NeverStart. Now she cranks up right away! :)

Not sure if the old battery just tested fine but was not putting out enough amps or what. But the old starter had 190k on it. I replaced the contacts in it a couple years ago and got some more life out of it.

I have the 4EAT 16 flashes of death so I'm ordering a new duty c solenoid. That's gonna be a bitch to replace. I was thinking about replacing the clutch packs while I'm in there but you have to measure the first selective pressure plate to determine which set of plates to order which means the car would be down for a week or so. So I'll just replace the solenoid and see if the torque bind goes away, measure the plate and then I'll have that info for later.

congrats on over 300k...I hope I can reasonably get there with my old wagon. Sitting at 205000 right now. But I drive it almost every day. Just added a new whiteline front bar to it yesterday, now I have to stiffen the back bar up to make it neutral again. It never ends and its always fun. :)

Thanks! I have to hope that the engine lasts until I get the 08 running.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

• 4 weeks later...

I'm supposed to go check out a '92 Legacy wagon. It has a 4.5 spd Manual (third gear is dead), needs an alternator. Anything in particular I should be wary of with this Gen? I want to get it to DD status so I can have my '06 disabled for extended periods of time.

https://bellingham.craigslist.org/cto/5887524028.html

John Hancock

Parts availability is getting to be exciting. Also some parts are insanely expensive compared to second gen Legacys.

Is it just a dead charging system that's keeping it from running, or something more interesting? Oh, don't expect the rear wiper to work correctly if the car has been through more than a few car washes.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited