LegacyGT.com

What'd you do to your FIRST Gen. Subaru today?

I've been porting my factory ej20g exhaust manifolds for 4 days and I'm almost out of grinding stones. A carbide bit would be nice but then id be spending more $$. Don't try this yourself unless you have lots of time and energy to put in. Its worth buying one, but there is lots of room for improvement in the factory manifolds. Next to get ported is the uppipe and turbo housing. I read somewhere a 28whp gain on a Ej20g with a 16g. I'm hoping for some quicker spool up on the factory rhb52.

my next project:

looking to trade the front brembos for 06-07 wrx 4pots plus cash.

powder coat the calpers black w/ a white "Legacy" logo, new slotted rotors and pads.

then install all 4 calipers, hubs, axles, wrx bb and mc. (note, not using wrx rear axles)

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa474/sqc151/93%20SS%20turbo/2012-02-29_15-00-37_820.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Changed the oil and ATF, nothing out of the ordinary there. Before I started in on the wiring fixes, I tried to get a couple 'minor' things out of the way, which didn't go as planned.

First I tracked down a grinding sound to somewhere on the rear driver side wheel. Went to get the disc off, and as soon as I got the caliber out of the way, one of the pads just crumbled to bits. Blah.

Decided to move on. Front passenger wheel has a stripped stud. Got the caliper out of the way and the pads off, but can't for the life of me get the support bracket bolts to budge.

Also, not sure if this is normal - I noticed that only the front right and rear left wheels would turn if I put the car in gear. If I gave it some gas in gear, the front left would also turn, but not very fast. The right rear wheel would barely budge. No unusual noise, other than the grinding on the left rear wheel that I mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to get the SS to pass safety today but she was rejected because of a bad ball joint and a supposed exhaust leak at the exhaust gasket that connects the downpipe to the long exhaust pipe. I just replaced that gasket. The guy told me to tighten it up as much as I could. I tried that and broke a spring bolt. Tomorrow I'll get new spring bolts.

Then I was replacing the ball joint. I had to get a ball joint separator to do so. Then while jacking up the suspension the jack came loose and the suspension sprang down which resulted in the spindle getting pulled out of the transmission. I reinstalled the spindle and then installed the new ball joint.

Now the transmission is shifting funny. :( It seemed to get better the longer I drove it, but I could only drive it a few blocks since it isn't registered and I don't want a ticket.

Both will bolt right up. Id recommend a heavier duty endlinks in front to compliment the much thicker swaybar.

The rear has a bit of a different angle, but still should work. Ill post pics today to have as a reference here between stock, wrx and whiteline.

Edited by sqc151