LegacyGT.com

What'd you do to your FIRST Gen. Subaru today?

Tried to pull steering rack out on the 93L project car last night. Both tie rod end lock nuts are frozen. Grrr. Drivers side tie rod end won't separate from the knuckle either. Cheap separator tool won't fit, and couldn't find the nicer one that comes in from the side. Little progress made, but "I shall return.."
All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

I got my Gates timing kit, head bolts, hydraulic tensioner, and my CDI/Snap-on torque wrench. That wrench is soooo pretty. HGs should get here Tuesday and the SS should get here Sunday.

Oh, and I got a free EJ22T, but like anyone wants to even hear about that. :rolleyes:

I love the CDI torque wrenches, they are built well and have a good feel to them. I have torqued down a bunch of head bolts with it, plus millions of other bolts and I had it tested about a month ago and it is dead on spec. Heads should show up friday.

Thanks for the CDI recommendation. And thanks for the heads too! I'm gonna go look at my CDI right now. It does have a great feel to it. Maybe I'll put it under my pillow tonight.

edit: Looking at the CDI right now. It's an amazing tool. I'll never get over it. It can be dialed so accurately. TW = (TAxL)/(L+A) FTW!

Edited by monkeyposeur

I'm in day three of engine removal on my SS. It was a bitch to get the turbo disconnected from the downpipe. There are five (or so) bolts that connect it to the downpipe, and at least two that connect it to the uppipe. The nuts were seized and I had to go and buy two different swivel head ratchets to get them off.

But once I got the downpipe removed I could see the teeniest, cutest little turbine. It is about the size of a little hostess donut, lol.

Trying to remain calm throughout all this. But I'll know that engine inside and out when I'm done. Broke a couple of things, too. :(