LegacyGT.com

Going stage 2, which clutch?

Zac88

Where do y'all find OEM single mass flywheels? Trying to find a stock one to turn and not sure where to look...

*and a few pages back someone said they used an STi flywheel- but that's only be for a specB with a 6 speed right?

Is there a cheapish route here next to junkyard diving? Act is the best quality for the price I've seen but not sure about them... and still not convinced that's the best I can do on the price tag

Thanks

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contact m sprank and have him send you what you need. Just ask the expert and buy from him.

It really is that easy to get the right part the first time, stop being so cheap.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Contact m sprank and have him send you what you need. Just ask the expert and buy from him.

It really is that easy to get the right part the first time, stop being so cheap.

Can't argue with that! Haha, thanks MaxCap- always helpful. I actually already sent M Sprank a note... and actually had something set up with a vendor on here, just for the SB clutch though; they didn't have any oem smfw lying around. Obviously due to the season and unexpected nature of my clutch failure I'm trying to pinch every penny. The golf course I'm a pro at recently shut down as well, further putting a squeeze on finances... Otherwise, I definitely 100% agree with your sentiments. Buy right, buy once!

Just doing my diligence to find an oem fw out of one of the correct vehicles, more so to be thrifty then cheap...

Ya know

We carry them and install these all the time. You can contact us directly and we can send a package to you with the OEM SMFW w/upgraded clutch or even a LWFW w/ upgraded clutch.

-mike

Sales@AZPInstalls

http://AZPInstalls.com

Nice to see you back checking in again, Mike. AZP is another great place to buy from, I have spent a lot of money with them.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 years later...
So which flywheel do I use with the South Bend Stage 2 clutch for my '06 Legacy GT, Cobb Stage 2? From what I've read and understand I order an '06 WRX or '07-'09 Legacy SMFW and the South Bend clutch package to go with it. Correct? Thanks for your help.

Yes you’ll need a single mass flywheel if ordering for a WRX. I have a great condition Clutchmasters steel lightweight flywheel for sale if you’re interested. It’s SM and works great for a DD and won’t set off the CEL. No chattering as well.

It’s the newer designed one with the pattern etched into it

Archived