LegacyGT.com

Saggio's 07 OBXT!

SaggioWRX

Hey guys, excuse my noobie-ness here, but im curious as to why you guys changed your outback suspension for legacy gt ones?

Wouldnt it be easier for you to just buy a legacy in the first place, or does the outback retain some stuff that i dont know about, other then the suspension. Like maybe ride height or somthing?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys, excuse my noobie-ness here, but im curious as to why you guys changed your outback suspension for legacy gt ones?

Wouldnt it be easier for you to just buy a legacy in the first place, or does the outback retain some stuff that i dont know about, other then the suspension. Like maybe ride height or somthing?

The Outback retains the wagon.

No Legacy Wagon in 2009, so I got an Outback.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Yes, photos please!!

This.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Prodrives make just about anything look 10x better!

Did you do the HID fogs yourself? I have been thinking about those for mine since the headlights were already done when I bought the car.

We might just need one of those good ole fashioned install days :D

Nice, I see them now. Looks good! You should get the smallest saggy butt spacer, it looks a tiny bit lower in the back. I have been trying to decide if I should install mine or not.

I thought about it. I might be doing springs soon. After that install I'll see how it looks.

Prodrives make just about anything look 10x better!

Did you do the HID fogs yourself? I have been thinking about those for mine since the headlights were already done when I bought the car.

We might just need one of those good ole fashioned install days :D

Yes, did the HID's here at home. I took out the headlight HID's cause they were really blue! :(

Might do a TSX retro in them soon.

• 1 month later...
After owning a 99 OBS, 02 WRX, 06 WRX wagon, 2 04 STi's, 05 STi, and many other cars, I've had my eye on getting a OBXT.

Love how Legacy's ride in general, so I went and bought this 2007 OBXT Limited 5-spd. So far I LOVE IT!!!

After 05 LGT Suspension Installed:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s32/SaggioWRX/07%20OBXT/photo-15.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s32/SaggioWRX/07%20OBXT/photo-9.jpg

VERY NICE!

Just got rid of my '05 LGT wagon for an Outback 2 weeks ago. I really need to do this 'cause the new ride is too soft and bouncy.

Regarding the 2005-09 Legacys and Outbacks, sedans and wagons, the ground clearance factory specs measured at the lowest body part - mufflers- are:

Legacy - 5.9"

Legacy GT - 6.1"

Outback - 8.4"

OBXT - 8.7"

The < .4" difference between NA and Turbo models is due to body spacers and weight.

OEM spec Legacy wheels are 17" x 7" 55 offset. Legacy tires are 215/45/17. Rolling diameter - 24.6".

OEM spec Outback wheels are 17" x 7" 48 offset. Outback tires are 225/55/17. Rolling diameter - 26.7".

Rear springs are slightly firmer on wagons than sedans and it is sedan rear springs on wagons that gives you 'saggy butt'.

I had the suspension swap done on my 06 OBXT last June at my Dealership and have been more than impressed with the improvement in handling and ride. Cannot emphasize enough that you MUST have a re-alignment to Legacy specs done. The car now corners flat without body lean-out and it no longer bounces in straight line street travel. I returned a few weeks ago from a two week drive across Michigan, around Chicago up to Wisconsin, over to Minneapolis and back, then north past Green Bay to Sault Ste Marie, across the northern shore of Lake Superior to Sudbury and back home to Stratford. All manner of roads from flat pavement to rutted dirt and no problems whatsoever. There's also no denying an Outback just looks better with its wheels centered in the wells. Sure the ride is firmer but I like that and it's sure better than wallowing & drifting along like a bloated SUV.

You can mount OEM Outback wheels & tires on the lowered Legacy suspension without rubbing but the 225/55/17 tire will be within 1/8" of the front strut's mud-deflecting disc. This can cause snow buildup & binding problems here in the soon to be frozen northlands.

Until I was absolutely sure, and the original Bridgestone all seasons suck, when I had the suspension dropped I split the sidewall difference and shod my summer VIRUS rims with 225/50/17 Eagle GTs, as seen in the picture. Throws off the Odometer by 3 MPH - no big deal.

For this winter I have just installed Michelin 205/55/17 ice & snow rubber on the OEM Outback wheels - the narrower width gives me >.75" clearance from the strut disc (and is grippier in deep snow). This brings me back to the correct odometer reading within 1 mph, according to the NUVI.

In the real world my Outback is running with 6.5" road clearance which is perfectly fine for the road conditions I drive on. Winter rubber will raise me another half inch.

835715046_XTbeforeandafterdrop.thumb.jpg.16cf777e9c3df44822b8eb91a9fef6b1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Saggio,

How are you liking that 19mm RSB? I just lowered mine and figure I should do a few more suspension upgrades. But not sure what route to take. Hotchkis Front (25) and Rear(22). Seems like that might be a little stiff. Or just get the same RSB that you have.

Did you have to put on new endlinks?

• 1 month later...

Archived