LegacyGT.com

New PLTek "FLOW" Bellmouth DP w/02 bung

PLTek

Peter and his mechanic Ted installed a Flow Bellmouth DP, an uppipe, a JDM swaybar and an Accessport on my 5spd LGT Lim. wagon last Sunday morning. They did a great job and the car really hauled on the trip up to the White mountains and back to NJ in 95 degree heat. Flawless.

For those who don't know, Peter's service and communication are outstanding. I could go on and on but he really adds value to a transaction by making it so smooth.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who don't know, Peter's service and communication are outstanding. I could go on and on but he really adds value to a transaction by making it so smooth.

I totally agree, Peter has been going above and beyond which is why he as all of my business as well as Scans007. I can't wait to get mine.

Peter, did you ever find out about thermalcoating? I was going to have my Flow DP with my STi UP ceramic coated and wondered if it would affect the warranty as mentioned above (not that the install of these parts affect my Subaru warranty :lol:).

al-gorithm, i hope that you got the fax which would allow you not to pay the duities etc that you should have to pay anyways. Let me know.

As for warranty issues, we will not void warranty on the dp unless it was exposed to unnecessary stress during install or otherwise.

I dont see anything happening to the dp when its being coated.

Best

PS

PLTek,llc

Peter,

i haven't received it yet but no worries, i'm too excited at this point!!! This DP looks amazing. Ceramic coating will be done on Wednesday and install the week after.

I think I will be one of the few to be stage 2 in Ontario. :cool: Thanks again!!!

You should be able to run stage 2 with that set up. It will def. not be optimized but you can run it.

You dont have to get StreetTuner. In few weeks I will have a custom map file for my shorty downpipe and uppipe set up so you can just purchast that for about 100USD and loaded onto your AP and then BAM !!!

Best

PS

(:

Please let me know when you have this done and hopefully a dyno of the results. I am very interested what gains over the AP Stage 2 this has with the same setup.

You dont have to get StreetTuner. In few weeks I will have a custom map file for my shorty downpipe and uppipe set up so you can just purchast that for about 100USD and loaded onto your AP and then BAM !!!

if the custom map for this is slowing down the development of the uppipe/downpipe + mild tune of 18g

were willing to wait for non 18g option :)

actually i am running my flow up/down on my car reflashed with stage II right now. I have not had a chance to get a pro-tune done.

I actually plan on installing 18g turbo, 816cc injectors and fuel pump and getting a protune for that.

It is taking a bit longer than expected to actually get the car to a protuner and get different maps created

I will keep you all posted

PS

PLTek,llc

actually i am running my flow up/down on my car reflashed with stage II right now. I have not had a chance to get a pro-tune done.

I actually plan on installing 18g turbo, 816cc injectors and fuel pump and getting a protune for that.

Can you do one without the fuel upgrades? Since stock injector limit is ~300whp

There seems like there is a safe tune to be had somewhere between ~265-280whp without the additonal costs of fuel upgrades.

I believe pdxtuning is doing a tune like that but not with cobb ap. Yes fuel upgrades would be an upgrade path, but their seems like there might be a sweet spot.

Considering uppipe/downpipe on cobb stage probably 235ish whp, shorty/uppipe + 18g yielding 270 ish would be a very good bang for the buck.

~310 whp with fuel mods and intercooler would be the upgrade path from there.

Matt

hi Matt,

If i had my way, i would do the following pro-tunes:

1. flow up/dp

2. flow up/dp/18g

3. flow up/dp/18g/injectors/fuel pump/TMIC

4. flow up/dp/18g/injectors/fuel pump/TMIC/big MAF

5. flow up/dp/18g/injectors/fuel pump/FMIC

6. flow up/dp/18g/injectors/fuel pump/FMIC/big MAF

7. repeat steps 3-6 for 20G

The issue is that i only have one LGT and i have to rely on a Pro-tuner as i dont have tuning capability. Its very time consuming and expensive.

The Beauty of the AccessECU technology is that once more people do these upgrades and get Pro-tunes, you will be able to swap maps.

I will try to do a few custom packages as the time and budget allows.

All this is just getting going so be patient and you will get to choose the best solution for your need

Best

PS

PLTek,llc

Thanks Peter,

Any idea of the pricing of the canned maps?

What does the protune cost?

If you do #2 I'll buy the 18g and the map from you. :)

(if that helps?)

Curious whats the priorty for 1-7? biggest bang for the buck? your personal goals for your car? or HP bragging rights for the shop?

hi the issue with the 18g only tune is that stock injectors and pump will limit the tuning ability. Your power may be slightly more than a custom stage 2 protune. Logevity of your injectors and pump will be in question as at that point you will be really taxing these components. It would be best to replace these as well, I would hold of with an aftermarket TMIC or FMIC but would definitely do the injectors and pump before the tune

Best

PS

PLTek,llc

• 2 weeks later...
Just picked up my FLOW shorty dp that I had ceramic coated. Will be a couple weeks before I get around to having it installed though.

Great pic!!!!! Looks like a nice coat job!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

It was done by Performance Powder Coating.

They're in Yorkville IL, which is about 20 miles away from me. They did a good job, did it fast (2 days), and did it cheap ($40). Great to work with.

The coating is supposed to be good to 2000 deg F.

Thanks!!! Not too far from me. Good price as well.

:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

Archived