LegacyGT.com

New PLTek "FLOW" Bellmouth DP w/02 bung

PLTek

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Not immediately. If we can get someone to get only the shorty downpipe and come to get the tune then we will have it.. I am sure eventually.

Best Regards

PS

PLtek,llc

I just talked to Peter and he said that he should be getting the prototype DP very shortly. I just bought an AP, Perrin Panel Filter and Oil from him today. Great guy to deal with.

Peter, as mentioned, put me down for a shorty as soon as they come out!

Stage 1 for a couple weeks and then on to Stage 2!

Hello Everyone, AL-gorithm,

I just received my FLOW shorty downpipe prototype so I will be taking some pics and installing it this weekend.

Hand TIG welded, made entirely from 304SS, EGT bong, its a beauty, same with uppipe

I am also coming out with FLOW uppipes, same as Lachute but will take away the heatshield bracket since you can't use it anyways if you install downpipe.

I will have deals on uppipes, downpipes, up/down combos witout or with OEM gaskets.

Coming up next week.

Thanks everyone.

PS

PLTek,llc

hi,

I am not sure yet as I dont have a source to do this locally right now. Once I get the product out, I will look for an outfit that will do a good job and always keep a few coated ones on the self.

Thanks

PS

PLTek,llc

hi,

I am not sure yet as I dont have a source to do this locally right now. Once I get the product out, I will look for an outfit that will do a good job and always keep a few coated ones on the self.

Thanks

PS

PLTek,llc

If a buyer were to source their own coating or wrap the dp, would it affect the warranty?

:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

hi,

I have not finalized the warranty yet. I will let you know.

I have some pics for you in the first thread.

i will be installing the prototype tomorrow

Best

PS

PLTek,llc

Thanks, Pete.;)

:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

Looks just like a Lachute DP, just a short version? Nice that you were able to deliver on your promises!!! I'm still on the fence for which dp I want, divorced or bellmouth? But I definitely want a full 3" pipe!

yes,

the shorty is 3 inches and the bottom flange lip reduces it to 2.5 inches as that is what the center pipe diameter is.

Later on if you also want to add a 3 inch center pipe (catless or catted) all you have to do is grind down the lip on the bottom flange of the FLOW shorty dp and you have full 3 inch shorty downpipe.

Initially this reduction will cause some back-pressure which will actually give you more torque, which is great for your daily driver.

ROCK ON

PS

PLTek,llc

yes,

the shorty is 3 inches and the bottom flange lip reduces it to 2.5 inches as that is what the center pipe diameter is. This ensures that the 2.5 inch OEM gasket is not exhposed and seals the FLOW shorty dp correctly to the center pipe.

Later on if you also want to add a aftermarket 3 inch center pipe (catless or catted) all you have to do is grind down the lip on the bottom flange of the FLOW shorty dp to open it up and you have full 3 inch shorty downpipe, crazy stuff.

This reduction will cause "microscopic" back-pressure which will actually give you more torque, which is great for your daily driver,

ROCK ON,...

PS

PLTek,llc

Correct the FLOW DP is a 3 inch pipe.

The bottom flange has a 3 inch opening on the downpipe side, into which the pipe is inserted and welded on the outside. The centerpipe side had the 2.5 inch opening to seal mate perfectly with the stock centerpipe, using OEM gasket.

If we reduced the pipe itself from 3 to 2.5 inches with a 1/2 inch flange, you would never be able to eliminate the restriction if decided to get an aftermarket 3 inch center pipe down the road.

On our product simply grind (with some effort of course) the lip and BAM, you have a full 3 inch shorty downpipe

I hope this make sense.

I am running the FLOW uppipe/downpipe and stage 2 on COBB on my car and this set up ROCKs.

Best

PS

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

its on our website, link under announcements or

just go to the crazy exhaust/power post under vendor classifieds.

I also posted some pictures of the final product, uppipes and downppipes.

Best

Lori

PLTek,llc

Archived