LegacyGT.com

New PLTek "FLOW" Bellmouth DP w/02 bung

PLTek

Jedimaster, This shorty doesnt come with a high flow cat because you retain one in the next section, the center section.

Cobb is a full length DP that replaces both the stock downpipe and center pipe, gets rid of 2 stock cats and instruduces 1 high flow cat.

Man, I was just under my car an hour ago, had the downpipe off and foget whether the 02 sensor is before or after the third cat. If before, you most likely will get CEL so either AP, cell fix or tune to get rid of it.

WRX_LGT, the shorty comes with a wideband 02 sensor bung so that you can get an accurate Air/Fuel ratio measurements, good thing to know when tuning. Here is one of the wideband 02 sensors:

http://www.pltek.net/PLTek-plx-M300.htm

Talk to you soon

Best Regards,

PS

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how are you?

I am awaiting to confirm if the shorty downpipe will fit both manual and automatic.

I also did not have the time to read the lengthy rally performance thread to see if they were actally able to confirm that.

I should know next week and if not, I will send the dp to WRX_LGT to test

Talk to you all soon. Hope to see you at the Wicked Big Subaru meet next saturday.

i will be at the COBB booth

Best

PS

PLtek,llc

i will be at the COBB booth

I will be at home waiting for my daughters' bunk beds to be delivered sometime between 9AM and 1PM. :( I'll miss you all, but I guartantee that I'll be thinking of you Wednesday or Thursday morning when we're putting on the DP Peter is shipping me Monday. :rolleyes:

Peter's 'Flow' or any Lachute-derived divorced setup will move exhaust gasses very efficiently. You will be able to make best advantage of it with either a custom tune, or in the future when he hooks up his Pro-tuner connection and can offer custom mapping for APs. (That'll be sweet - kind of a best of all worlds solution.)

Now with the 'Flow' or other 2.5 divorced setups you will have an effective 3" or better with the waste pipe until they merge, at which time you are back to 2.5. I've never been a guy who lived at redline, or felt that you need 3" all the way back (the drag strip guys are free to disagree) but keep in mind that the Cobb is 3" all the way to the HFC, and that's what the AP ST2 is tuned for - you can use any number of other quality products but you should expect some variances in where the HP and torque rolls in, and what you make for peak and where. Similarly, if you are leaving the stock 3rd cat in place you should only expect about 70% of the peak gains that you would see going to ST2 as compared to having a HFC in the front midpipe. So ST2 with the stock midpipe will probably only get you another 10 hp peak. What will happen lower down will be vary based on the the products that you personally have chosen to put into play - you may see improvements in drivability down low that are disproportionatley favorable (way better) than a 10 hp peak increase might otherwise indicate. Regardless, you are pretty much still going to be grinning when you open the throttle.

These are all good choices - given that you make informed descisions based on what you ultimately want to spend and acheive. :D

Similarly, if you are leaving the stock 3rd cat in place you should only expect about 70% of the peak gains that you would see as compared to having a HFC in the front midpipe. So ST2 with the stock midpipe will probably only get you another 10 hp peak.

What is your source for these % / hp numbers using the stock midpipe cat, which is apparently quite efficient, with stage 2 AP?

Tom

In the next week or so when i have the prototype of the downpipe on, I will get the car tuned with PROTuner but before, I will get some graphs of the stock set up with the up/downpipe only

Best

PS

PLTek,llc

What is your source for these % / hp numbers using the stock midpipe cat, which is apparently quite efficient, with stage 2 AP?

Tom

(Hmmm... Tom must have gotten over his facination with my being able to hit the re-dial button 5 times in a half an hour?... ;) )

In this particular case specifically, conversations with both Cobb and Rally Performance.

That a HFC in an aftermarket pipe could net you 5 peak horsepower more (+10 net as opposed to +15) than over a stock mid-pipe and cat with a tune that was designed to work specifically with a single HFC in the 3rd position is a pretty conservative assertion.

Feel free follow-up with your own research and verifications.

Remember that the scenario above relates to a tune that is not matched to the intended components - which might be one of the reasons why Peter intends to specifically tune for the up-pipe/downpipe configuration that he intends to offer... :cool:

It isn't all about the peak numbers anyway.

Also in about a month, we will have a COBB PROTUNED Map that will have the "FLOW" shorty dp and a catless uppipe, (either COBB or Lachute) tuned for. This map will be for sale or we will sell the uppipe/downpipe/AP with custom map STAGE2 bundle.

One of the benefits of StreetTUNER is the ability to share maps. Since I have an AP already, if I had StreetTUNER would the map be for sale via email? I'm wondering how, or if, they will start taking advantage of the combination of ProTUNER and StreetTUNER.

edit: I just realized that vendors would risk their custom maps being shared without payment. Perhaps it is not a workable idea.

Tom

we will have a COBB PROTUNED Map that will have the "FLOW" shorty dp and a catless uppipe, (either COBB or Lachute) tuned for. This map will be for sale or we will sell the uppipe/downpipe/AP with custom map STAGE2 bundle

I just bought an AP from you this weekend. If I buy this pipe would I be able to get this map for free?

Matt

hi guys,

The ap comes with standard ap maps (.apm extension), street tuner works with maps with .stm extension, and protuner creates maps with .ptm extensions, or something to that effect.

If you want a streettuner map on your accessport, you must have the streettuner software.

If you want a Protuner map loaded on your AP, it must be done by a professional tuner who owns the Protuner license, but you dont have to have streettuner to get protuner maps loaded onto your AP. This in will prevent you from sharing the Protuner maps. Later on, Protuner shops will have the choice of keeping the maps available to everyone on locking them.

I am currently working with a shop testing PROTuner software. He is currently building a library of maps so at some point I will start selling these for a lot less than a custom tune. So you will be able to browse maps and see if the mods that the map was tuned for match yours. If so, you will be able to buy the map, have to send the AP in, have the map loaded to it, get it back and reflash your car.

This is still in the works.

Best

PS

PLtek,llc

(.apm extension), street tuner works with maps with .stm extension, and protuner creates maps with .ptm extensions, or something to that effect.

I take it, the files/extensions can't just be renamed? :)

I am interested. My main hesitation is that the COBB Catted DP may actually be cheaper since its formulated more closely to the stage 2 map.

Where your solution looks like it requires purchasing a StreetTuner, in order to take advantage of the setup.

Matt

You should be able to run stage 2 with that set up. It will def. not be optimized but you can run it.

You dont have to get StreetTuner. In few weeks I will have a custom map file for my shorty downpipe and uppipe set up so you can just purchast that for about 100USD and loaded onto your AP and then BAM !!!

Best

PS

(:

Archived