LegacyGT.com

Corazon wide body wagon

abbduljcool

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you have a GT,...we have OBXT!!! Fender flares help.

They are both the same. Flares are all cosmetics. Serves no functions.

I am running 18x9.5 with +30 offset and I still have uncut fender liner front and back! Tires are 225!

Wrong tire size for your wheels unless you are seeking that streched look. You must be one of them stance guys.

They are both the same. Flares are all cosmetics. Serves no functions.

:lol:

This is the most ludicrous statement I keep hearing from the OBXT guys.

How is an additional 1 1/2 just cosmetics? With trimming the inner metal fender and the plastic flares you gain an extra inch if not more room for wheels and tires.

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

Gut? Clearly Subaru wouldn't have made these things solid. It's a hollow piece of plastic. With a dremel and some tin snips you could easily gain more clearance then stock fenders.

They are both the same. Flares are all cosmetics. Serves no functions. Until cutting the fender underneath, therefore widening "fender space"

FIXED for you 01rs25

Without cutting anything, flares give you no clearance. They are just looks. Once the fender is trimmed underneath, you can utilize the width of the flare. I don't know why this concept is so difficult for everyone to grasp.

Thanks for clearing it up! I'm tired of hearing people tell me that the flares don't gain clearance.

Hell even Subaru offered lower offset wheels on the OBX to help differentiate the space between the LGT.

truth.

from the factory, they give you no clearance. fact. but obviously, fenders can be modified to fit your wide wheel / wide tire desires. The fronts are easy. Simple dremel with a metal cutting wheel did the trick. The rears are much more difficult for obvious reasons. I've done both, and I can vouch by saying it's very possible.

I found the rear pretty straight forward to do since no metal fender cutting was required. I simply trimmed the plastic and rolled/pulled the metal fender as far as I could. I then drilled 3 holes true the metal inner fender and then re-installed the liner holding it tight inside with 3 additional OEM push pins true new holes.

I found the rear pretty straight forward to do since no metal fender cutting was required. I simply trimmed the plastic and rolled/pulled the metal fender as far as I could. I then drilled 3 holes true the metal inner fender and then re-installed the liner holding it tight inside with 3 additional OEM push pins true new holes.

we're talking about cutting the metal, not just plastic.

I just finished hacking my fenders up today for my new wheel setup and agree with that. The rears were 3 times the work. I hacked them up real good though.

i hope you welded everything back together. what wheel setup are you going with?

I took the front plastic pieces off and cut the metal fenders about and inch up and rerolled the fenders outwards. trimmed most of the plastic too so the tires will clear... worked...I do get inner fenderwell rubb though. tires are very close to struts...probably 1/4-1/2 inch clearance. rears..I just pulled the plastic trim that covers the metal lip and everything was good to go!

we're talking about cutting the metal, not just plastic.

I know that's what your saying,....what I'm saying is that in the rear no metal cutting is actually required witch make's it not that hard to do!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived