LegacyGT.com

Corazon wide body wagon

abbduljcool

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you suppose by "Whiteline LCA" he means the full lower control arms or the lca brace that they sell? I checked out the link that was posted above but I can't really find any other info on those control arms anywhere.

I doubt you'll be able to find them much cheaper then that. Seems to be about the going price for adjustable rear control arms.

Cool, thanks!

Does anyone have any photos of the Outback fenders without flares on them? I am trying to see how extreme of a roll/pull I could get away with without messing up the holes where the flares mount.

I ended up pulling the plastic flares and cutting and rebending the metal under the plastic. Then painted all the metal so it didn't have any rusting issues. I also had to cut all the plastic trim too on the underside...put it all back together was the hardest part as the plastic has a sticker that needs to be redone...can't even tell either! The cheap plastic inner fender was cut as well...took all day but no rubbing now! Unfortunately the tires rub on the far inside still but only when parking in tight locations...

I ended up pulling the plastic flares and cutting and rebending the metal under the plastic. Then painted all the metal so it didn't have any rusting issues. I also had to cut all the plastic trim too on the underside...put it all back together was the hardest part as the plastic has a sticker that needs to be redone...can't even tell either! The cheap plastic inner fender was cut as well...took all day but no rubbing now! Unfortunately the tires rub on the far inside still but only when parking in tight locations...

Awesome! Do you have any photos? How much of the fender would you say you were able to cut away without messing with the places that the flare mounts?

What do you mean the plastic has a sticker that needs to be redone?

no photos, I cut quite a bit on the fender and eliminated one of the fender holes that hold on the plactic fenders. I would say I took out an inch or so...The plastic fender is held on with plastic plugs and double stick (industrial) tape...made by gorilla at home depot...you have to cut 1/8 inch strips and replace it.

no photos, I cut quite a bit on the fender and eliminated one of the fender holes that hold on the plactic fenders. I would say I took out an inch or so...The plastic fender is held on with plastic plugs and double stick (industrial) tape...made by gorilla at home depot...you have to cut 1/8 inch strips and replace it.

OK cool, Thanks!

The way I did it is actually much better than rolling your fender which in the end doesn't give you much more room for travel. The fenders actuallly are rolled outward now after I cut small strips upward in the fender so the two fenders, plastic and metal, cross over each others.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
pardon teh noob photos...

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu178/classified69/DSC_9053-1.jpg

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu178/classified69/DSC_9053.jpg

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n474/abbduljcool/DSC_9492.jpg

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu178/classified69/DSC_9315.jpg

Love those wheels man really really nice

Stunning! I'm in the process of lowering my wife's OBXT, but I'm stuck on ride height versus wheel and tire size--and what will and won't fit. Didn't think 18x9's would fit, but wow.

OP, do you have any rub issues?

Stunning! I'm in the process of lowering my wife's OBXT, but I'm stuck on ride height versus wheel and tire size--and what will and won't fit. Didn't think 18x9's would fit, but wow.

OP, do you have any rub issues?

There are plenty of threads on here that should help you out. I am running 18x8.5" with absolutely zero rubbing. There is a guy on here running 18x10's too.

Archived