LegacyGT.com

Corazon wide body wagon

abbduljcool

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BC BR coils, I think I need to do the full "legacy conversion" by removing the subfame spacers and replace the front subframe before I can go any lower. Although my alignment is still ok the suspension links are all operating at extreme angles which is giving me some pretty undesirable ride quality traits.

Don't judge too harshly; still gotta throw on the brembos, do a little more rolling and finaggling with the fenders and drop it another inch, but you get the idea...

Hey, how much did you end up rolling your fenders and how much of a pain in the ass was it?

BC BR coils, I think I need to do the full "legacy conversion" by removing the subfame spacers and replace the front subframe before I can go any lower. Although my alignment is still ok the suspension links are all operating at extreme angles which is giving me some pretty undesirable ride quality traits.

what kind of ride quality traits are you referring to?

@Sublimejoe: I trimmed the fender flares with a dremel with a cutoff wheel before I started rolling, leaving a lip of around 1cm, where there was maybe 3cm before. This allows you to get the roller in there to actually roll the metal just like you would on a lgt. The rears were pretty simple if you've done it before. The fronts I still have to do more work. I may take off the front flares and do some more extensive tweaking. After you roll the fronts and trim the inside then you will have the clips that hold the flare on sticking out from the back which is my next hindrance to clearance. I'm thinking about fastening the flares on with screws from the inside as opposed to how the flare clips "into" the fender now. Then the inside will be flush allowing more clearance for tires.

@whitetiger: I have installed the WL rc/bumpsteer kit which helped but I am still getting small amounts of bumpsteer over larger bumps, enough to be annoying. I also have swaybar clearance issues in the rear. With the swaybar links adjusted longer my swaybar bangs into my exhaust when it bottoms out. With the links adjusted shorter my swaybar clangs into the rear lateral links (the ones that adjust toe) when I bottom out. The only way it seems like I can fix this is by taking out the spacers which will suck the subframe up against the car more, thus sucking the swaybar up with it, which will give it more room to rotate.

I also notice a generally harsher ride over rutted roads because my suspension, esp the rear, looks "collapsed" and as it approaches the bumpstops the geometry just becomes exponentially further out of its efficient range of motion.

@Sublimejoe: I trimmed the fender flares with a dremel with a cutoff wheel before I started rolling, leaving a lip of around 1cm, where there was maybe 3cm before. This allows you to get the roller in there to actually roll the metal just like you would on a lgt. The rears were pretty simple if you've done it before. The fronts I still have to do more work. I may take off the front flares and do some more extensive tweaking. After you roll the fronts and trim the inside then you will have the clips that hold the flare on sticking out from the back which is my next hindrance to clearance. I'm thinking about fastening the flares on with screws from the inside as opposed to how the flare clips "into" the fender now. Then the inside will be flush allowing more clearance for tires.

Oh, awesome. I have personally never rolled fenders but I have a friend who has been doing it for years. My wheels just came in so I will know by tomorrow afternoon how much rolling is needed, if any.

Oh, awesome. I have personally never rolled fenders but I have a friend who has been doing it for years. My wheels just came in so I will know by tomorrow afternoon how much rolling is needed, if any.

what do you plan to do with the fender liners? i found that when i rolld/pulled the front fenders on my lgt, I couldnt extend the liners to the new fender lip position so i removed them to prevent the edge from hitting the tires.

sounds like you need higher spring rates for the rear. that will keep you from bottoming out and getting too much movement in the rear arms.

I know you have more track experience than most so your advice is much appreciated. Currently I have the 6kg/8kg that come with the BC's. If I went stiffer in the rear would you go stiffer in the front as well?

I really wanna just do the lgt conversion, add the WL rear adj. lateral link setup, and some RCE T1's because I'm pretty much over these BC's. Maybe some AST 4100's with custom valving if I get a raise or win the lottery.

what do you plan to do with the fender liners? i found that when i rolld/pulled the front fenders on my lgt, I couldnt extend the liners to the new fender lip position so i removed them to prevent the edge from hitting the tires.

Same issue. I left the liners in but trimmed the "sides" off that you are talking about.

I know you have more track experience than most so your advice is much appreciated. Currently I have the 6kg/8kg that come with the BC's. If I went stiffer in the rear would you go stiffer in the front as well?

I really wanna just do the lgt conversion, add the WL rear adj. lateral link setup, and some RCE T1's because I'm pretty much over these BC's. Maybe some AST 4100's with custom valving if I get a raise or win the lottery.

the LGT conversion would be the best, but obviously alot of PITA work.

your BCs are not up the task you have in mind as you know. RCE may be able to make you a set of T1's with the rates you need. I have the 4100's myself with 11.5k/12.5k rates and they are more comfy than my previous tein flex 8k/9k setup all because of the quality dampening.

I would go stiffer all around if you do decide to upgrade.

• 1 month later...
Wow that is a SICK looking Wagon. I was contemplating doing the Outback flares and body cladding to my recently acquired LGT cause I like the round fogs on the Outback better, but thought it might look a bit to cluttered and not as clean. After seeing these pics, I couldn't have been more wrong. Seems like a much more attainable and cost effective alternative to going with the JDM SpecB stuff. Plus, the flares and lower offset wheels just look badass...good job.

• 2 weeks later...
OP...you're in SoCal, right? Think I saw you tonight over in Artesia...on Pioneer Blvd. Was that you? I mean, how many slammed OB XT's can there be on BBS LM's, right? Was on my way to dinner headed the opposite direction and noticed the wheels first. Car looked SICK. I wasn't in my LGT though...was driving the wifey's '09 328i. Anyway, just wanted to say that the car looked great...

yeah it was me...u shoulda wave, ill wave back, :lol:!! i just got back from an impromtu shoot and on my way for some korean bbq....

here's some pics:

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu178/classified69/DSC_9280.jpg

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu178/classified69/DSC_9292.jpg

Heh...we were already pretty much past you going the opposite direction when I caught a glimpse of your car in the corner of my eye and had to do a double take. You were stopped at a light. We were going to Gerry's Grill for some Filipino food...

What Korean BBQ place you go to? There's some good eats over in Cerritos...

BTW...what % is your tint? I'm gonna get my LGT Wagon tinted this week and have been looking at different grades trying to figure out what I want to go with. I'm leaning more towards something lighter (35%) since i'm old (i'm 38:rolleyes:) and the limo tint days on my cars are long behind me...:D

yeah it was me...u shoulda wave, ill wave back, :lol:!! i just got back from an impromtu shoot and on my way for some korean bbq....

here's some pics:

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu178/classified69/DSC_9280.jpg

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu178/classified69/DSC_9292.jpg

Archived