LegacyGT.com

Brakes R&R Issue ('02 LGT Limited)

Trying to replace pads and rotors. I bought OEM replacement parts from a parts store but they don't fit. The man who sold me the parts did seem to recall there being some kind of discrepancy with different sized brakes on the early 3rd gen Legacies but I have no way of verifying that (I have not gone back yet either, this is what he said when I bought the parts).

Additionally, when I bought steel wheels/snow tires this past winter, they ordered 15's (knowing that the stock aluminum wheels are 16's) but then when they didn't fit I was told that the brakes seemed to be bigger than stock as if they had been swapped for WRX brakes (He used to have a few modified subarus).

I'm not sure which is which and what is what now. :eek:

Anyone got any info that might be relevant/helpful? Thanks in advance!

The red painted pads are the new ones I just bought.

Other Info: 2002 Legacy GT Limited 5mt

BrakesPic1.jpg.e1d08cdcc83600412989f5e46b1721ba.jpg

BrakesPic2.jpg.b334c4164150e70cf438388119d2374f.jpg

They may have been switched.

What size is your rotor? It came with 10.7" solid front and 11.3 vented rear.

Go to www.Hawkusa.com. their site lists the various options and for this year and they also have diagrams, when you click on the specific size.

Your old ones look like the 432F661, but DO look at all the possibilities.

O.

I think I found out what the problem was. Even though my car was built in January of 02 and is a 2002 model, it was equipped with 2003 Legacy GT brakes. The guys at the parts store said that's not the first time they've seen that happen either. It sounded like they've seen it on other Subarus and other Manufacturers as well (they mentioned the ford focus).

Hopefully these other pads I got will do the trick. They look just like the ones that are on there now.

Thanks for your help! :)

Archived