LegacyGT.com

Hi I am new to the Subi world and I love it!

Cruisemobile2

I started driving when I was 16 and it was a 1990 Honda CRX Si in the rare yellow....I have been driving the same crx for over 10 years and it was a daily driven, 6 point rollcaged, fully built road raced track beast that recently decided to spin me out on an onramp during a rainy day at 20mph. Bent the subframe..didnt want to bother with it anymore, now 26, it was a good opertunity to get out into something more practical.

Went out, found me a 2005 Outback 2.5XT limited wagon, black leather interior in new condition and its a 5 speed manuel with a huge moon roof. I couldnt have been happier with my decision! Has everything I need as I am an outdoorsy person, love the roof rack, extra trunk space which is actually bigger than my crx, rear seats to actually carry passengers for once in my life, and I also got the rear hitch! And here all this time I was looking to get a 94 Infiniti g20...good thing I didnt!

I dont plan on beasting this one out, I drove a mad race car on the streets for so many years that I am over the whole my car is faster than your car scene. In the end, I found it not to be worth it because ultimately, it was to a point where I couldnt even drive my car to the grocery store with out someone trying to steal it. This is my new cruise mobile, going to keep it simple, and drive like a normal human being. That fact that its now turbo, I have that extra umf there when I need it. Only mods that I will be adding are to help it run more efficiently.

Furture Mod list;

Cobb intake

Cobb Down pipe

Not sure of which cat back to go with, thinking greddy sp2

Perrin or ebay frontmount intercooler

nice set of rims

coilovers

infinity kappa speakers all around

and thats it

These mods will be down later down the line, I love the comfort of not drive a slammed car for once, im going to enjoy the stock mode for a while. :cool:

But what I am looking for right now;

Rear left and right passenger head rest in black leather

rear cup holder assembly behind center console

rear cargo cover

and possibly front right passenger side interior door panel (previous owner had a dog and dug his nails into it at the top right before the window making tiny indentions, not torn so not so bad)

If you know of anyone selling please pm me! :)

Thanks guys! hope you like it even though I know its another bone stock outback lol

http://i52.tinypic.com/29pqbh2.jpg

First fill up haha!

http://i52.tinypic.com/2cxw2uq.jpg

love the interior! so refreshing compaired to roll bars all over your head!

http://i54.tinypic.com/oism5i.jpg

Welcome! Nice looking Outback!

Also, if you are going to mod this subaru, you will need to consider some sort of em....There are tons of threads about tuning, so do your research, but make sure your tune for parts you add as you can run into problems real fast....especially if you're the type of person who really likes to get on the accelerator.

Welcome! Nice looking Outback!

Also, if you are going to mod this subaru, you will need to consider some sort of em....There are tons of threads about tuning, so do your research, but make sure your tune for parts you add as you can run into problems real fast....especially if you're the type of person who really likes to get on the accelerator.

yeah, thats what I was wondering, is that what that accessport stuff is? im not crazy driver or anything like that, it would be nice just to have that power there to give a few pops with the throttle when I need it. I dont street race or anything like that, its my new daily driver and I tend on making sure it will last as long as possible.

I was thinking more of getting all the parts, then when it comes down to it, bolt it all on at once and tune it on the spot. but as far as intakes go, do i really need to tune the intake or can i just add that with no problem, like the cobb intake for instance:)

Don't worry about theft rate on these cars, thief are not targeting them.

Especially an outback wagon, so sleeper.

put all the parts in once, and get it tuned, save money

I'd feel so weird to change from a slammed CRX to a "raised" Outback...lol

do i really need to tune the intake or can i just add that with no problem, like the cobb intake for instance:)

There are some intakes out there that will say they don't need to be tuned for and you can get by with them, however they aren't going to benefits your car at all without any kind of tune. In fact, for that matter intakes in general aren't going to do a whole lot up until you start hitting the 350+whp level. If I were you, I would simply put a k/n filter in your stocker (or you can modify the stocker so that it's an open face, meaning the filter will be exposed on one side) and then call it a day. From the sounds of what you're looking to do, an intake isn't going to do you much good except put a larger hole in your pocket.

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me. As for the Outback, awesome car with tons of utility and a sleeper look. I hope you have fun with it.

Ya I ended up just removing the intake silencer. Takes about 10 minutes and you can hear the intake but not much spool. With the addition of a panel filter itll get a bit louder. I just threw a Cobb intake on with the off the shelf stage 2 cobb tuine and as far as I can see its running smooth. And it makes some sweet noises which is what I wanted. With my outback being my first turbo vehicle I want to hear my turbo :)

Another 5mt obxt is in SWEET!! Great looking car. Im jealous of your black interior. I Wish mine was black so itd actually look clean.

lol! thanks! coming from a stripped out, rollcaged out crx to this full interior is super luxurious to me :lol:

There are some intakes out there that will say they don't need to be tuned for and you can get by with them, however they aren't going to benefits your car at all without any kind of tune. In fact, for that matter intakes in general aren't going to do a whole lot up until you start hitting the 350+whp level. If I were you, I would simply put a k/n filter in your stocker (or you can modify the stocker so that it's an open face, meaning the filter will be exposed on one side) and then call it a day. From the sounds of what you're looking to do, an intake isn't going to do you much good except put a larger hole in your pocket.

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me. As for the Outback, awesome car with tons of utility and a sleeper look. I hope you have fun with it.

thanks man, ill deffinitely keep that in mind that was the original plan was to throw a k&n filter on the stock box, didnt know if that would throw a cell too because k&n tend to be soaked in oil and might mess with the maf lol. i was thinking of the green filters too, depending on which one i see first at autozone but then i though, why not save 200 bucks more and get the cobb? this is my first turbo car so i wouldnt know how turbos react, so its not like a cai on an n/a motor? im not looking to race it or anything, just wanna help the motor breath a little better and also save my cats for when smog comes around, herd the cats on these cars cost an arm and a leg! :spin:

i was also reading (doin my homework of course), saw that its better if i get the accessport if i plan on doing anything with the down pipe, to help it dial in so it wouldnt throw any cels if thats the case, would you say if i throw in the down pipe, full catback, frontmount intercooler, tune with accessport, would i easily hit over 300hp with just those 4 goodies?

i just plan on driving it with all stock suspension and rims for now, do those engine mods, so i can save my cats, then slam it on adv.1ten rims.

Welcome. As you're in LA, it would be silly not to look up Infamous Performance as you prepare to upgrade parts for tuning. But I'm biased...

just checked out their site, tons of goodies on there! thanks for the info! ;)

Congrats. We love the OBXT here. You got a nice combo, with the silver exterior and limited trim and 5MT. Beautiful.

thanks bro, i really love it! its funny because some of my buddies looked at me funny when i first showed it to them, they were like "4x4 wagon?? wtf? were the crx go?" but when i opened the doors, they all took back their silly comments and found it rather unique :cool:

so yesterday, i was stuck in traffic for almost 2 hours on the way home from work, from the corner of my eye, i saw a little bitty ploom of white and blue smoke coming from the hood scoop. i pulled over off the freeway, saw that there was a little drip of oil coming from somewhere and dripping on to the up pipe causing the smoke. wasnt a major leak, looks like it was something super slow. i followed the leak trailing up the right rear side of the valve cover up to these 2 black hoses. looks like some oil feed lines or something and i suspected that it was coming from there.

i popped the trunk, took some brake cleaner that i had left over from doing my friends brakes, sprayed the area were the 2 black hoses were and continued my way home (only 2 miles away). when i popped the hood in my garage, i saw that the oil was around the 2 black hoses again. looking at it closer, it appears that there should have been some hose clamps on it. i was too tired and left the work to be done for the next day.

this morning, i went to autozone, got some little hose clamps, took it home, and put them on, drove the car around the block a few times, and no more leak, problem solved! i checked the oil though and i did notice is was super black!!!!! i also noticed this little joilt during slow accelaration, even though i get free oil changes from my dealership, it was 40 miles away and i had to be at work by 2pm today so i remembered from doing my homework here on legacygt, people were saying walmart had great deals on 5 gallon jugs of castrol full synthetic! i was used to the 18.99 special at autozone, 5 gallon jug of the regular castrol stuff and a bosch oil filter for my honda but now i got a turbo so those days are over! got the castrol full synthetic at walmart for 24 bucks on sale so that wasnt bad at all! got the oil filter at autozone though cause they were out of filters at walmart for my car.

did the oil change asap once i got home, was super easy!!!! love how i didnt even have to jack the car up! haha! just went under, and everything was there with easy access! new oil was in, took it for a spin, little jolt was there for about a mile, but then quickly went away! runs super smoother from when i even rolled off with it at the dealership! haha! i did call them at the dealership and spoke to the person that did the rebuild on the motor, he said once he got done, he put a 100 miles on the motor and his lube guy was supposed to change the oil on it but i guess he didnt, the guy was pissed that i told him that though lol. i only got about 1040 miles on since i had it, figured the jolt was from the super dirty oil! maybe filter was clogged or turbo wasnt proper lube up! but all runs good as new now! everything looks super clean when i was under there!

i was fully aware of the motor being rebuilt and they did a super clean job at it, everything on the car has been redone and i have all the paper work for it. just for my own comfort, i went to aaa and had them do a precertified inspection on it before i bought it, not the subaru inspection cause my buddy works for subaru and said they leave that inspection for the lube guys, its nothing that i cant see plus the aaa inspection list is twice as long, nothing wrong with "double checking" lol

OBXT! :wub:

• 4 weeks later...
so I was wondering, i know it would be best if i get the rear jdm bumper for the exhaust cut outs but im not worried about hacking into my rear bumper for now. was wondering if i should get the invidia q300 catback exhaust or the megan racing oe-rs? I love quad tip exhaust systems, the only thing is that i like the invidia more but i hate the tacky "invidia" badge they always put dead center on their exhast systems but i also dont really like the oval type can mufflers that the megan has. lol what do you guys think?

Archived