LegacyGT.com

Unveiling of my OBXT...Poor Pictures, but you get the point

citka

I like your reverse lights job. Do they still offer any lighting value at night when you shift into reverse?

To answer the question, yes the tail lights in all their forms (turn, brake, marker) are still very visible. They offer a darker tint, but I specifically asked for a lighter tint so as to not interrupt the visibility much. I simply wanted to reduce the contrast between the black paint and the bright red of the tails.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
nice job man that thing is sweet..looks awesome.!!! yeah lets get a lowered outback pics thread going.. I wish I could get a jdm rear bumper.. wish it came like that from the factory.. yours should be first as its one of the nicest I have seen!!

That looks mean as hell.

If I had to straight replace my wagon in the near future, I would scour the earth to find a clean OBXT and gather up some similar suspension.

Great to see the OB guys in the last few years getting more options of quality lowering products.

Id' take advantage too. In a heartbeat.

Citka, great work.

I've been trying to figure out a cost effective suspension upgrade for my OBXT and this looks fantastic!

Do your tires rub at all with it so low? I've got 48 offset with 245-45-18 and at stock height it only rubs when I make tight turns.

Did you have to use any shims to level the height?

I will probably use Bilsteins, so I need to figure out what other parts will be necessary.

Great work.

No tire rub once I switched to the LGT spec tires. The OB sized tires definately rub. That was a big bummer for me as it makes the speedo off about 6 mph at 70 mph. I'm working on getting that fixed. I've got 1/2" saggy butt shims in the back that I made, but nothing up front other than OEM top hats and LGT spec Swift lowering springs. ZERO rub with the tires I have.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Kong - No removal of the sub frame spacers. They actually would make no difference in the height...only in the suspension angle. If you look closely and do the geometry in your head, you'll see those spacers wouldn't effect ride height at all.

Alignment was no more out of synch than the LGT wagons I've put the same suspension on (EASY19, TOR and NSFW). A trip to a good alignment shop has worked for all of us very well.

No, the things in the rear cargo area are custom build 8" sub woofer enclosures I made...one for each side.

Yes, it is. I started to go the DIY grill route, but discovered half way through that the LGT grill is different from the OB grill :(

Ahh. I have been trying to figure out if it is different. Thanks! I am going to just have mine painted, along with the chrome trim piece on the hatch.

The badge in the front grill is simply painted over. The badge on the rear hatch was removed land the "indent" was filled in then painted.

Awesome, I may have to do that as well. Nobody makes an aftermarket grill for the Outback, correct?

actually... rommel makes/sells a subaru outback grill, he's on the forum. it fits well, and he also recommended a small piece of cardboard to allow the front bumper to 'meet' the grills lower edge perfectly. worked like a charm!

Archived