LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

I have the kit. I know they should be apples and oranges, but I have all the parts. If I figure it out, great, otherwise, I'm out not much.

Considering I need something to help my tranny, I'll try to take a look.

I'm looking for the transmission rebuild manual for the car, maybe I can find some valve body info in there.

I have the kit. I know they should be apples and oranges, but I have all the parts. If I figure it out, great, otherwise, I'm out not much.

Considering I need something to help my tranny, I'll try to take a look.

I'm looking for the transmission rebuild manual for the car, maybe I can find some valve body info in there.

I have read the 08 vacation pics regarding transmissions. They go so far as to give a 'few words' name to each valve. They do not list where each valve is, or any other meaningful information. To find out is a serious endeavor. Ask me how I know.

Just pull out all the valves and for those that match what you see in the pictures, do what the instructions say. Either the valves are the same or they aren't. I bet most or all are the same. And the springs kit they give you will get you most of the way there.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

A TransGo kit for the 05-07 LGTs and OBXTs is coming to market at some point, independent of myself. Got to love competition.

It sounds like the IPT style VB mod has lost all its steam. Can't say I'm terribly surprised. Even at $250 installed, no one has been asking me for it...

I personally think that its because we are waiting for the final price of your kit. Depending on the cost of your kit, I would rather get that... but I am on a budget, so I may end with the ipt style mod

I too am in for a kit. However, my hands are tied until someone produces a kit, be it trans-go or climberd. Truth be told I would love for climberd to be the first to come to market. He's in close vicinity to me by being in Dallas and he's an excellent contributor to the board. However, if trans-go makes a kit that makes it unfeasible for climberd to come to market with his, then the decision is obvious.

Either way, I'm going to watch for a bit, although I'm at the point where I will need to address my transmission soon before I start to have problems.

05 LGT

No

Yes, but not near what IPT charges. That's what's been holding me back.

Level Ten trannys have been known to grenade despite their claims....

I'm patiently waiting until I can put a kit on my 5EAT and continue on my mod path...*crosses fingers that ClimberD can beat TransGo to the market!*

I used to work with someone who is now one of the VP's at Transtar so hopefuly he'll respond to my email and can help with some connections for shop recommendations, parts, and tech info. He was a great guy back in the day so hopefully I'll get a response tomorrow.

CD,

If things work out i'll give you his contact info and you can work with him or whoever he comes up with. (Hopefully a Jatco/5EAT Guru! one can dream right? ;) )

Any news? Sorry if I'm jumping the gun...

shhh ClimberD is secretly TransGo:eek::lol: they're working together!!!:lol: They're gonna rule the LGT community:lol:

He's also working for Borg Warner helping with development on the EFR turbos, works for SOA, and is a robot from the future!

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

shhh ClimberD is secretly TransGo:eek::lol: they're working together!!!:lol: They're gonna rule the LGT community:lol:

Sadly when I talked to a guy at TransGo, he could not have been less interested in the fact that I was willing to give him useful information for free, which would help save TransGo a lot of time. So they can run in circles wasting time if they're going to be like that, which is exactly the case.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Sadly when I talked to a guy at TransGo, he could not have been less interested in the fact that I was willing to give him useful information for free, which would help save TransGo a lot of time. So they can run in circles wasting time if they're going to be like that, which is exactly the case.

Settles it for me. I will hold out to support hard working forum guy. Go ClimberD TransMojo!

ClimberD so when would this actually be available to have done to our cars cause i was about to send my vb to ipt next week til I read this so please lol

Don't waste your money on an IPT. Get a tranny cooler instead and wait for the better options.

06 5EAT

No mods to tranny other than Tru-Cool and Amsoil drain fill twice after 2 Subie trans services for 30K and 60K.

Subscribed for ability to go to Stage III power. Currently at stage 2.9+++ (Turbo and fuel upgrades are next)