LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

• 11 months later...
He told me that he doesn't do it anymore.

I installed a transgo kit last week. It's not to bad with climberd's walk through.

Did you have to drop the whole trans? Or just drop out valvebody from under car[emoji16]

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Edited by robburns201

• 1 month later...

Mine stock 08 5EAT is intermittently throwing P1710 TORQUE CONVERTER TURBINE SPEED 2 SIGNAL. From what I've read, It could be "a dent in the trans pan" to "a failing valve body".

Although this post isn't about diagnosing 1710, I'm searching for options to cure the problem. Any word if TransGo will work on 08? Before I go find a spare valve body, want to make sure I get the best bang for the buck

thanks!

Mine stock 08 5EAT is intermittently throwing P1710 TORQUE CONVERTER TURBINE SPEED 2 SIGNAL. From what I've read, It could be "a dent in the trans pan" to "a failing valve body".

Although this post isn't about diagnosing 1710, I'm searching for options to cure the problem. Any word if TransGo will work on 08? Before I go find a spare valve body, want to make sure I get the best bang for the buck

thanks!

thanks!

In my experience the issue is the valve body. Once, and only once have I found a loose connection causing the issue. Of course to find it, I had to go through the entire troubleshooting flow chart and find the issue just before the "replace valve body" step. This is once in 15+ years of working on Subarus.

Thanks mSprank. What advice can you give me on replacing/fixing the valve body? I'm guessing my options are:

- Dealer

- Mechanic, of which, I have no connection or dedicated dude

- Self-repair

I'm up for the challenge but I have no trans experience and am purely a hobbyist guy. DP, suspension, brakes...

In my experience the issue is the valve body. Once, and only once have I found a loose connection causing the issue. Of course to find it, I had to go through the entire troubleshooting flow chart and find the issue just before the "replace valve body" step. This is once in 15+ years of working on Subarus.

Thanks for the boost of confidence. I'll search around for the writeup.

Can you give insight on where to find a reputable valve body?

I'm guessing my options are from a junker or rebuilt...

I'm looking at this Sonnax:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sonnax-VBX-SUB131-Transmission-Valve-Body-7-Solenoids-Wire-Style-/112330685605?fits=Make%3ASubaru%7CModel%3ALegacy&hash=item1a276e3ca5:g:gFoAAOSw4A5YwuFj&vxp=mtr

thanks for the help!

Honestly it is not that hard. I can swap out a 4th gen LGT in 2-3 hours with clean up.

I believe Dave has a install write up buried on this forum somewhere. His instructions are probably very thorough.

• 5 months later...
Transgo shift kit.

Also adjusting the calculated torque tables will get you 90% there unless you’re running a crazy high power setup.

I have the trans go kit. and its great.

but what about torque tables? I don't understand.

• 8 months later...

This is physical modification of hydraulics processes in VB, but line pressure is raised only in the “nightmare” version 5EAT 04+.

With ST2 shifts more than 2x faster. In addition, accelerated circulation ATF in lube line & heat exchanger is and cut time lag for PRND.

Can I assume b@tman, that this is the best place to follow the progress of the 08+ vb mod?

https://forums.drom.ru/subaru/t1151851873-p52.html

So this mod increases the fluid flow and therefore makes the shifts quicker but doesn't change line pressure or make the shifts more firm, correct?

Edited by nevets27