LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

I realize now you were not the same person I was talking to, initially. I think they changed the grabby 1st gear brake on the 07+ or 08+

Sorry didn't mean to bust into your conversation. I kinda figured as I always see something new/different between the 05/06 and the 07+ every time I read through various posts.

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder how much faster this will change gears when I get a hexmods. It's already quick-ish

Drag 14.1 seconds - YouTube

JDM

That is not bad, but really couldn't tell much since engine noise became hard to hear after you got into 2nd. Can you rerecord (safely) with windows up and no other noise than engine (to the extent possible)?

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...
I think he usually keeps 2-3 on hand. I just got one from him 2 months ago when my front diff died and I needed the trans dropped anyway.. He had it ready to go to me in a day, after I made my decision..

Better question, do you still have some in-stock ready for exchange?

...PM'd

PM replied :)

I think he usually keeps 2-3 on hand. I just got one from him 2 months ago when my front diff died and I needed the trans dropped anyway.. He had it ready to go to me in a day, after I made my decision..

It varies. This and last week I have been slammed with another big car repair project (not for the LGT) on top of a full work schedule. But usually I am able to reschedule things to accommodate a customer's order. When it's needed, it's often needed right then, and I understand that and can usually accommodate within reason.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 2 months later...
That is not bad, but really couldn't tell much since engine noise became hard to hear after you got into 2nd. Can you rerecord (safely) with windows up and no other noise than engine (to the extent possible)?

Best I could do. The noise you hear is my steering column touching my downpipe from the engine twisting as it launches.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38-ztXfHjRM]20160419 220143 0 - YouTube[/ame]

Old tranny that was damaged that we talked about. No idea as yet what the new one i put in yesterday will do. I'm convinced the extremely low fluid caused its death.

I reckon that is particularly quick changing if it's stock. Has it been tuned, and if so, by who?

If you are referring to my video it's self tuned.

VF 34, Water meth, 2.0 liter. Singapore model,

I have a lot more i can pump out,.. but the rods are stock and thin like ej205

edit...

Now that I'm looking on the video it's actually quite fast shifting for stock. I hope that VB wasn't modified! That map was running 400 RT values.

Edited by JMLegacy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Best I could do. The noise you hear is my steering column touching my downpipe from the engine twisting as it launches.

20160419 220143 0 - YouTube

Old tranny that was damaged that we talked about. No idea as yet what the new one i put in yesterday will do. I'm convinced the extremely low fluid caused its death.

If you are referring to my video it's self tuned.

VF 34, Water meth, 2.0 liter. Singapore model,

I have a lot more i can pump out,.. but the rods are stock and thin like ej205

edit...

Now that I'm looking on the video it's actually quite fast shifting for stock. I hope that VB wasn't modified! That map was running 400 RT values.

did you raise your rev limiter ???

• 1 month later...
Any chance there is a write up in the diy and what you need?

You install the TransGo shift kit. ClimberD actually has a great guide with lots of pics on how to do it. It's pretty close to the HexMods valve body (which is based on the 350z kit with further tweaking), but dosent carry the support.