LegacyGT.com

LGT SI drive??

I am confused on what models and years the SI drive come on, I thought that they only came on the spec B's but I looked at a LGT yesterday and it had the SI drive, it was also automatic, this was a let down. Was this a spec B? Or do the normal GTs have it?

I think the SI drive, specifically the Sport# versus the Intelligent mode is a huge difference when the LGT is a automatic equipped 5EAT car.

I believe 09 LGT (2010 is newest style or 5th Gen) was the last year Subaru included the SIDrive system on any car but WRX STI in which it lives on along with DCCD (Drive Controlled Center Differential).

Slushbox? Maybe. I drive a MT so I don't personally know what it does with the TCU. MT? Modulate your foot better. Hell, S# makes less power than S anyway.

I've heard a bunch of people say that SI-Drive completely transforms the 5EAT cars.

I find use in I-mode, but mostly because it reminds me to drive sanely. I get much better fuel economy when I relax and use cruise control. I'd be fine if I-mode were no different than S# but with a shift light.

Someone did some dyno pulls in all 3 mods, and S# made more power than S. I remember reading something about how S#, in addition to throttle changes, also changes the "requested torque" values over S mode.

I dunno. I rarely find myself in S mode. I spend most of my time in I or S#.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

SI-drive adjusts the 5EAT shift points to something best described as "video-game mode" downshifts occur if you get on the gas at all, upshifts are at the red line, and it will hold gears for 20+ secs with light throttle.

SI-drive adjusts the 5EAT shift points to something best described as "video-game mode" downshifts occur if you get on the gas at all, upshifts are at the red line, and it will hold gears for 20+ secs with light throttle.

ALSO it allows for programmable boost levels. I have my SI tuned to 6/13/17psi, preferrably for fuel economy and the ability to switch maps at my discretion while driving. I mode is 6psi which is wastegate boost, S is 13 and S# is 17. All confirmed via boost gauge....it helps with fuel economy or when someone else is driving my car. I mode is like valet.

[...]Someone did some dyno pulls in all 3 mods, and S# made more power than S. I remember reading something about how S#, in addition to throttle changes, also changes the "requested torque" values over S mode.

[...]

Unfortunately it's the other way around, and that's the inherrent problem I have with SI-Drive. Plus, why would I only want half my petal travel to mean anything?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/rallitek-avo-dyno-daze-stock-spec-b-6speed-46379.html

Welcome to the site and your interest in LGTs. Glad to have you join up.

At first blush, I'd say that an enthusiast owned this one and that at some point it it's life it's been modded. So keep that in the back of your mind if you're looking for an untainted LGT.

This car does not have SI drive... it's an 06, wasn't available until 2007, so it's a moot point relative to this car.

Any, OP welcome again.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 10 years later...
I know this is an old post and this post is pretty much useless, I may not know as much as others do but based on my experience driving am 05 Legacy GT Limited and an 06 Legacy GT Limited, yeah you can shift up and from the steering wheel but if the transmission shifter is in drive and you push it to the left, you can also shift up or shift down.