LegacyGT.com

Scammer WARNING!! "Garage.east"

Just want to give huge props to the LGT community on here for being such a stand up group of people and for having each others back when it comes to scammers. Such a nice thing to see when my other hobby (rc cars) seems to be full of what seems like a disproportionate amount of scammers at times. If you ever want to be entertained by some stories of scammery, visit the RC Tech Marketplace Feedback forum.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-feedback-18/

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See post #35 ;)

I like how someone posted on his f/s thread too.

still no private PM's from him... or the mod's on the forum... tried to get them to reopen that thread to keep communication open...

Also looks like his LGT is NLFS on the pittspeed thread. Guess he decided to keep the Deadbolt and the rest of the parts that were sold on it.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

still no response from him via paypal claim.

and re posted his cell # and paypal email addy he provided me with.

also want to say how great my post got stickied. shows that there's a great group of guys here that own a great car, that share a common bond.

now i need my $$$$ back from this a hole!

I'm not sure where your count-down timer is, but I would not wait for PayPal. I'd do a charge-back to my credit card asap. You could end up eating the whole payment if you delay too long.

still no response from him via paypal claim.

and re posted his cell # and paypal email addy he provided me with.

also want to say how great my post got stickied. shows that there's a great group of guys here that own a great car, that share a common bond.

now i need my $$$$ back from this a hole!

Well we know he's alive and well, given his posts on other sites. And he has your phone number it he wanted to make this right. In the end PayPal is going to toast him alive and fix it so he can't operate via their system.

I received a response from him on the other forum"

"Just so you know, I am not ignoring you I am awaiting the paypal information that was used so I can arrange refunds."

Op and others who bought stuff from Garage.east, Please keep us informed if you receive your money back.

I have been seeing lots of posts here about doing a chargeback claim on Paypal. If you haven't done it already, you might as well give up. That's the first thing you should do. For all we know he could just be stalling so that you're SOL. And if he comes clean down the road, then reverse the chargeback.

/discussion of that

I dunno SBT... another thing I found "odd" was his LAST post on here was about A-pillar gauge pod mounts and how he'd love to have them on his Talon and that was March 23rd ... sounds like he is just a plain scammer as the whole F/S thread STARTED March 9th... how would a family member give out paypal info and f/s stuff inbetween him posting about things for his car? so f'n fishy sounding... and I agree with Keith, GET THE CLAIMS GOING!!!! SOONER THE BETTER!!!

Yes, do not wait. He is just drawing out time so you can not cancel on your CC. If you paid via bank account threw PayPal then you have to wait for PayPal. But if you charged it dispute your charge and let your CC company go after him.

Oh man, I forgot to post my picture at the beginning of this thread:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/bac52/1256523423443.jpg

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I banned him on NASIOC as well. Didn't want members there getting bitten as well.

Now, I'm watching to see he don't register under another SN and recommend the same be done here.

Hey Leonardo. Not to thread jack, but I may be moving down to "Whorelando" soon and was wondering if you could pm me any places to get work done and/or parts. Thanks in advance.

____Spending funds in mass quantities! I keep telling myself it's just a hobby?

As one of the people who contributed a large sum to this prick's new engine heads, I can say he is nothing but a lying, scamming, deceiving, waste of a perfectly good subie enthusiast. He led me on and on for weeks, and finally I took SBT's excellent advice and sic'd citibank on PayPal and Mr. East. I already have my money credited back to my cc account and I suggest anyone else affected do the same immediately. Unless he can PROVE to citibank that he sent me a package I received (small chance in hell unless he's got the U.S. Postal service in his back pocket) this case is closed from my end and I have moved on.

That being said, if I wasn't 3,000 miles away, not only would I have gotten my parts, but all those he screwed over would get a drive-it-like-you-stole-it joyride in his LGT before we stripped it of everything worth cash and torched in in a field. Growing up in LA, this behavior is just not something you do, simply because you never quite know who you're dealing with. You inadvertently screw over the wrong character who rolls around strapped to the teeth everyday, not only are you not given a second chance, you loose much much more than your paypal account. I hope maybe he learned something from all this, as these behaviors tend to catch up with you sooner or later. People have been shot dead in the street for much less than $1000, enough said.

Also, a big thanks to all those of you who weren't affected by this but still showed your concerns, sympathies, and blatant disapproval of this type of behavior. This is a great community here and people really do seem to care; it's nice to know people like G.E are the nearly non-existent minority.