LegacyGT.com

Scammer WARNING!! "Garage.east"

instead of whining non stop...(Arnold voice) "stop whining" why dont you just stop payment in paypal/file a claim on non-delivery and get your money back and then this is resolved. Not to be a dick but you didnt even give this guy more than a week to respond before he was banned. Like others have said, maybe somthing happend to him.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was the one that highlighted it, I will ship under someone elses name since it is being sent UPS(with a signature required) and is a confirmed address under paypal. If you think what I did was wrong please explain? Here let me send you 400 dollars...then you ship it to my address with my girlfriends name on it because I will be at work and can not receive it...sound good?

If I was wrong, not really sure how I could have been, please explain instead of quoting my text and saying "well that was stupid"........I am talking to you thestratomaster

Scott G

Yeah I don't see what the big deal about that would be.. I ship everything to my house that I have rented out to my sister.. because that's where my car is parked, but my billing address is to my studio apartment in Georgia.. there's nothing wrong with shipping to a different person/address than the bill address. If it ends up being a stolen credit card, then hopefully the card holder will notice it and contact his/her issuing bank about it..

this thestratomaster should've learned how to play around with Paypal before he called others stupid :redface:

I sell stuffs all the time on this forum, and I have no problem (or do I give a sh**) what address the buyer asks me to send, as long as it is a confirmed paypal address. :lol:

I've done thousands of dollars worth of transactions via paypal, I think I've played around with it before. I've shipped to many people with different addresses. Shit, I've had stuff shipped to me under different addresses since I split time between school and home.

I think he meant that it was stupid for the scammer to readily give out his address. It is pretty stupid. It leaves a pretty good trail.

we have a winner

Just because I didn't see it on this forum, but he also goes by "Upstateclipse" (check his photobucket account)... looks like he goes through a bunch of different forums (BMW's, Honda's, another Subaru ( Subaru Legacy International... not sure if someone on here posted the same thing over there)... people need to pay him a visit... total bullshit!

Edit:

Also from other forums it looks like he knows "Mike" from Innovate... Personally too....

http://www.pittspeed.com/showthread.php?215418-2006-Subaru-Legacy-GT-Limited

I'd think he wouldn't be a total dick... hopefully this is just a huge misunderstanding and everyone gets their parts and/or money back...

Edit 2: per SBT's request, link to other subaru thread:

http://www.sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18169&view=previous

saw it's from april '10...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=12016460&highlight=#post12016460

07-20-2010

Can't be this into car's and go around scamming people... doesn't make sense...

Edited by Instanced

Alright that is it....

This is the name that I was given with the same address as below

Liam McMahon

This is the address I shipped to

Emily North

3 orchard st

Port Byron, NY 13140

Paypal address used was lmautodesign@gmail.com

I was not aware of this persons name.....claims it is Liam. Who really knows. Feel free to use this to call law enforcement and or go handle business on your own.

Scott G

Liam might actually be his name as in NASIOC, he had this addy:

liam@garageeast.com

And his web site info from GoDaddy:

Liam McMahon

P.O. Box 477

Port Byron, New York 13140

United States

Edited by Leonardo

Liam might actually be his name as in NASIOC, he had this addy:

liam@garageeast.com

And his web site info from GoDaddy:

Liam McMahon

P.O. Box 477

Port Byron, New York 13140

United States

* Search engines are your best friend *

The Port Byron address used for shipping appears to be a house (possibly his girlfriend). His physical residence appears to be an apartment. The most recent address on him is actually in Auburn, NY. Auburn coincidentally is only maybe 25 minutes away from Port Byron. As of 12/31/2010 his last residence is listed as :

Liam McMahon

2 Church St.

Auburn, NY 13021

This is also a house. He history dating back 10+ years fluctuates between Port Byron and Auburn. His first listed residence was Auburn, NY.

© 315-209-3272

Give him a call, maybe he has a perfectly good explanation for jerking so many of you guys around:rolleyes:

He posted a seemingly valid reason on nyspeed. Will just have to wait and see what transpires. I've seen him on some local boards, but never had any dealings myself with him.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

And that NYS thread is now closed. Unfortunately the facts (as articulated in that thread) don't add up. Get your money back asap.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -