LegacyGT.com

Scammer WARNING!! "Garage.east"

So far he's ripped off myself and at least 2 other members here on this board. No one should buy from him. He has a good story. He gives u his cell number so u think he's legit, he'll tell to send payment, then never sends tracking numbers or products he promises. He even posts in his ad that he preferrs local pick up.

hey admin, can we ban this guy and make sure he doesn't join under a different name?

here's a post for reference where he's screwed a bunch of us.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-ny-perrin-tmic-deadbolt-tdo6-18g-ap-v2-gfb-157353.html

Me for $425, another guy for $825, and more.

and feel free to fuk with his cell# 315-209-3272

and email for payola: 10secondevo@gmail.com

anyone else, post your experiences with this ass.

Edited by micmicmotorbike

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something may have happened with him given that he isn't even responding to the paypal claims. You guys will get your money back if he doesn't.

I'd remove his cell and e-mail info - I understand you're mad but anything could have happened on his end. It's not clear that he's scammed you guys yet.

If he put that he prefers local pickup, that means he actually has the products and was willing to sell them in person for cash.

Unless you have evidence that he really is ignoring you (picked up then hungup the phone, recent flaky correspondence), he could've died for all we know/death in the family/house burned down.

Edit: he hasn't even logged in since 3/29

Edited by burnout8488

Yeah, I have to agree with burnout... I wouldn't necessarily say he's a scammer yet. It always sucks when you feel like you've been taken, and worse yet, you have to fight to get your money back. But you don't have definitive proof yet that he's a scammer. Only that he's gone completely silent. Maybe the guy's been in a car accident, had a death in his family and is out of town/the country....or worse yet, he died.

He's already been banned, but by doing that, you've effectively removed one form of communications he has with you. Fortunately, you have his phone number...

Hope this works out for the best. In the meantime, take a deep breath.

I will post my experience...bought a set of heads from me and apparently he did this with money that was scammed from you. I am sorry to hear this....wtf.

Scott G

Edited by IDRVSLO
[

I will post my experience...bought a set of heads from me and apparently he did this with money that was scammed from you. I am sorry to hear this....wtf.

Scott G

The plot thickens...

As long as he doesn't respond to the PayPal claims within 30 days (?) you guys will get your money back, regardless of what happened to him. If he was a true scammer, I would think he'd fight the PayPal claim, making it harder for you to get your money back.

Garage.East is banned until this is reconciled. And don't wait the full 30 days - charge it back to your credit cards. PayPal does very little to help those who use their system and haven't bought off eBay. If you end up getting the parts (unlikely), then send him a money order and call it a day.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Burnout and Invar... u have a good point, but it just smells real fishy. i guess i'm also a pessimist when it comes to stuff like this. i grew up in city, and had to deal with shady characters plenty of times. i gave him ample time to respond before jumping to conclusions as well. This guy appears to be good at what he does, and the best ones make you believe they are totally legit. Lets see what happens. i'll remove his personal info for now.

Alright that is it....

This is the name that I was given with the same address as below

Liam McMahon

This is the address I shipped to

Emily North

3 orchard st

Port Byron, NY 13140

Paypal address used was lmautodesign@gmail.com

I was not aware of this persons name.....claims it is Liam. Who really knows. Feel free to use this to call law enforcement and or go handle business on your own.

Scott G

Edited by IDRVSLO
[

Alright that is it....

This is the name that I was given with the same address as below

Liam McMahon

This is the address I shipped to

Emily North

3 orchard st

Port Byron, NY 13140

Paypal address used was lmautodesign@gmail.com

I was not aware of this persons name.....claims it is Liam. Who really knows. Feel free to use this to call law enforcement and or go handle business on your own.

Scott G

well, that was stupid

I think he was saying that it was stupid to ship to a name other than the one who paid you.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

i think he highlighted in red what he thought was stupid ^

I was the one that highlighted it, I will ship under someone elses name since it is being sent UPS(with a signature required) and is a confirmed address under paypal. If you think what I did was wrong please explain? Here let me send you 400 dollars...then you ship it to my address with my girlfriends name on it because I will be at work and can not receive it...sound good?

If I was wrong, not really sure how I could have been, please explain instead of quoting my text and saying "well that was stupid"........I am talking to you thestratomaster

Scott G

Edited by IDRVSLO
Because I can
[

this thestratomaster should've learned how to play around with Paypal before he called others stupid :redface:

I sell stuffs all the time on this forum, and I have no problem (or do I give a sh**) what address the buyer asks me to send, as long as it is a confirmed paypal address. :lol:

Edited by boymk123

I've shipped to plenty of people to the PayPal address with a different name. I was just thinking that was stratomasters reason for saying something was stupid.

So long as it's confirmed, it's all good.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard