LegacyGT.com

Factory fog light problem.

Ok so now I have replaced both bulbs both connectors are connected, and the light on the switch comes on when it should, and gos off when it should.

The fog lights them self's won't come on. One has a cracked lens and body, but seems to be fine. I have changed the fuse twice just to make sure it wasn't that.

My question is, do both fog lights have to be working properly to have them come on?

Does the light coming on on the switch on the dash mean it is attached to that switch, properly?

How can I track down this problem with out taring apart my dash?

I have been searching the forum, and reading my books but I can't find anything. :(

• I Donated

Both of them do not have to be working. You might have the wires crossed backwards on the connectors?

Pull each and every one of your fuses (one by one) under the dash and check them all

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Well they are factory wired up. It came this way from the show room, I am fairly sure. So i would guess that no the wires are not crossed.

Can I check them plugs at the connection behind the light with a electrical meter?

Neither of them work though, and both bulbs have been replaced.

• I Donated
Use a test light on the bulb connections, and use a test light on the switch connections. that will help you narrow down the problem

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

ahh found it. it was a broken wire going into the fuse box. :)

They work now. :) thanks for the help. :)

Hmmm, that might be what's wrong with mine too :confused:... I'll have to look under the dash sometime soon and figure out what's going on with mine :spin:

Well if they are the factory stock ones like mine, there is one relay, the button on the dash, and then the plugs at the lights them selfs, and the plug going into the fuse box. On mine it was the bottom plug on the fuse box.

You don't need to pull apart your dash, just the ring around your instrament cluster. It's four screws, to test the button on the dash, and the kick plate on the drivers side is all you have to pull to check the fuse box. So no need to tare apart the dash. Hope this helps. Well unless it is the relay, which mines was just hanging up there, it defently should have been clipped into something. I couldn't find the hole to install it back where it went so I just stuffed it back up with the rest of the wire's. ;)

• 10 years later...