LegacyGT.com

jerk/buck under light throttle load

joelwatts

98 2.5gt. 5 spd. under light throttle adjustments (ie:maintaining cruising speeds), it seems that there is about 5-10% movement of the throttle pedal that the car isn't recognizing. once it does, it will buck violently to load or unload the drivetrain. (even in 5th) just curious if anyone else has experienced this problem. i'm kinda wondering if its the tps, idle control, or something along those lines. i'm gonna check it tonight to see what my tps volts are and go from there. thanks. joel.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

I have the same problem right now. My TPS is only 7 months old and I just solder a new plug into it. I have no resistance change before and after the soldering job, I can lay down some sick solders lol, so I know that is not the problem. I just put a new O2 sensor in the front and rear so that cant be the problem, even though it did make it better. I had a CEL for the front O2 sensor so that is probably why it was worse then now. My completely cleaned my idle air control valve and throttle body 2k miles ago. Motor was seafoamed about 4k miles ago. I am lost as what it could be, and I have learned to just deal with it. Also the MAF sensor is new 6 months ago. I am going to try another TPS sensor and see if it changes any, and if it doesnt then I will give up and deal with it.

Let me know if you can find anything on it. I have looked everywhere on the internet and tried everything.

I found what mine was. my tps vref at closed throttle was 0.21. i adjusted it up to 0.5 and it is as smooth as glass now. it all makes sense when you think about it. the pcm was looking for .5v and higher so it never recognized the throttle movement until then. you will need a dvom for this. if you don't have one, you can just loosen the screws attaching the tps to the throttle body and turn it clockwise a little at a time until the car reacts the way you want. don't go too far or at wot it will see 5.0v and set a mil. hope this helps.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

Archived