1. 1. Where in Alabama are you?

• Montgomery
    • Birmingham
    • Mobile
    • Huntsville
    • Enterprise / Dothan / Fort Rucker
    • Other (let us know!)

• 3 weeks later...
I thought I was the only one in the Shoals. I'm stock except for AVO panel filter and Spec B aluminum lower control arms. Thanks Suby bucks. I'm at 79k and warrantied to 80k. Then the uppipe cat has to go.

I thought I was the only one in the Shoals. I'm stock except for AVO panel filter and Spec B aluminum lower control arms. Thanks Suby bucks. I'm at 79k and warrantied to 80k. Then the uppipe cat has to go.
howdy neighbor! mine blew up at 79,950. It spun a rod bearing, and scored the crank. 3 pistons had busted ringlands, and the turbo was about to puke the shaft. Now, it has a freshly rebuilt bottom end, removed TGVs, STi 11mm oil pump, new waterpump, pulleys and timing belt, UEL header, catless UP, catless DP, a crazy hybrid turbo (td04-19t in the vf turbine housing, 13t compressor housing that's been carved out, with the vf discharge grafted on) and a grimmspeed EBCS. It has 600 part throttle miles on it, and I'm about ready to get my infamous basemap.

I have a spare UP, but it has some kind of bottle neck thing made into it. If you wanna look at it, lemme know. I'm never gonna use it, coz my header came with a 3 bolt UP.

Tells us more about the Ghia!
yeah, this! I'm a dubhead from way back...

Tells us more about the Ghia!

The Ghia is no longer red. It's now Porsche Maritime Blue.

2110cc 90.5x82

brazillian as21, doghouse tin

welded counterweighted VW crank, VW rods

forged pistons, total seal rings

8:1 compression

hydraulic lifters with mild cam (engle 110)

dual 44 IDF Webers

040 heads 40x35, VW rockers on solid rocker shafts

1 5/8" ceramic merged header with flanged boxes and Phat Boy

Scat lightened flywheel

Berg Equalizer pulley

Pertronix billet distributor with electronic ignition

Berg full flow pump with relief cover and remote filter

4 qt sump

6 qts 15W40 Brad Penn

Electric fuel pump and filter under tank

3:88 trans with side cover and 4 spider diff

1700lb pressure plate with kushlock disc

Berg Shifter

3/4" sway bars front and rear

polished 8 spokes with 185/60 General Altimax

Monroe rear air shocks

CB Performance rear disc brake kit is on order.

Also have 2 1/2" dropped spindles to install. With the front Monroe air shocks I plan to lift it up just enough so it won't rub.

• 2 weeks later...
my neighbors tree fell on my 79 civic. but i'm actually lucky. my college roommate's mom and grandmom lost everything in hackleburg. their houses are barely standing, but are the last houses for 4 blocks. the rest of the neighborhood got blown away, even foundations. I'm headed back down there in the morning.

Wow, sorry to hear that but glad you're ok. Our hose and vehicles remained intact but there were some huge trees down in our neighborhood. We watched 2 tornado producing storms go north of us and one go south... we certainly got really lucky. Power is going to be out for a while though.

I rode it out at work. They wouldn't let us leave. Watched some nasty swirly clouds roll through and heard several trees go down. After seeing all the devastation, I feel the need for an underground shelter.

Archived