LegacyGT.com

The COMPLETE beginner's guide to e-tuning (with a vendor and VAG-COM cable)

Adoniram

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember now, I did let it automatically install on the windows 7 and thats why it was saying its already up to date when i tried to manually do it. I tried the manual things because when i opened ecuflash it still wasnt recognizing the cable. I had the little mini disc in the whole time on both computers so i am assuming thats how 7 automatically does it because it finds it on the disc. Edited by Yfarmeaahka

The cd is just full of drivers and files, there isnt an install thing or anything. I installed the cd and nothing happened so I opened it in my computer and then I downloaded ecuflash and before I could it said I needed the lates flash, I downloaded flash and then ecuflash, hoocked up the cable let it load the drivers then opened ecuflash and it was not recognizing the cable. If you have tips from here feel free to post them.

Now when I did it on xp the thread says to manually do it so I did and in order to get to "have disc" I had to select a device first and i dont know what device to select so I started picking random ones that i thought could possibly be it and had no luck. No one seems to know what I'm talking about when I say I had to select a device first.

So really I didnt install anything from the cd. Amd the ecuflash i downloaded was 1.29 i believe.

Edited by Yfarmeaahka

As I posted in the Opensource tuning thread, I got everything working I believe but RR definition files and learning view. RR doesnt show on their website what the definition is for a 06 Legacy GT MT is. Learning view doesnt recognize the cable. On the top left where there is ports it's shows nothing and has nothing in the scroll down thing. Any suggestions?

I had it connected to the car, is there another definition file to download besides whats on the RR website? It just wasn't on the list of parimeters on RR. Also is there a way to clear DTC's with RR learning view? I noticed you can read them but I didnt see anything to clear them. Edited by Yfarmeaahka

The parameter I used in RomRaider is called "Knock Sum* (count)"

If you don't see the parameter, you've likely not installed the ECU definitions correctly. RomRaider will not show that parameter unless you've installed the right definitions. It automatically hides that parameter for unsupported ECUs. Since we know for a fact that our ECUs are supported, all I can assume is that you didn't install definitions correctly.

Edited by Adoniram

• Moderators
See that wasnt avaliable in my list, I wonder what log definition im missing then.

When you plug everything into the car you will have more parameters to choose from. Certain ones wont show up when you are just setting things up in your living room.

Bah, I didn't read the other posts, looks like someone else already pointed this out.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

There is a huge list of things and everything shamar asked me to log was on it besides the knock sum, I don't know. I'll try and delete all of RR and reinstall everything tomorrow and see if I just missed something. What is a sufficient amount of driving for the computer to relearn everything? I'm assuming until everything smoothens out and starts running right. I had no idea what to expect so when I flashed the base map everything was running like crap and my check engine light came on and the cruise light started flashing (I didn't know at the time that cruise does that with the check engine light). I opened learning view and just saw it was an evap leak from the gas cap so I just clicked it a couple more times.

• 3 weeks later...

I am finally getting around to gettting my tune...after more than 15 months with the turbo on the car! Yikes. Anyway, I am on my second revision from shamar but am having a problem with ECUFlash.

I haven't had any issue using ECUFlash to flash the base map, or either revision, to my ECU, but I can only run the program on a fresh install and I am worried that it may not be writing perfectly without the updated ECU definitions file from step 13. ECUFlash will not open for me after I update the subaru metadata directory. I fiddled around with it a bit and discovered that it was simply due to the massive increase in files it was trying to read on start-up. If I update the metadata/subaru folder with the linked file (as described in step 13), then remove everything inside of it except for all of the Legacy, Liberty, and base folders, I can start ECUFlash without any problems or errors reporting on the right side of the screen. Once I did this, however, and loaded one of the revisions Shamar sent me, many of the parameters inside of the lested list on the left were greyed out, where they were previously all black.

Should I be concerned, or am I just being paranoid? Can I properly read and write to the ECU on my 05 5MT LGT without updating the ECU definitions in ECUFlash?