LegacyGT.com

Anyone deal with Fitzmall?

choder

I've been watching one of their Red LGT's dip in price for the past few weeks and with the $1500 incentive I feel the time is right. Did anyone here buy their Legacy from Fitz? If so, how did the deal go?

Yes, I did. I bought my LGT from Fitzgerald Subaru in White Flint. They are GREAT to deal with and I highly recommend you contact Len Baker. Please tell him Garret Ohm sent you and let me know if you buy from him.

Garret

I was told that the prices they list include the $1500 incentive. This kinda bummed me out, as I wanted financing and they said I'd need to add $1k, taking it to the price my local dealer had offered. So, technically, by this logic, the prices were cheaper last month before the incentive came out... so maybe they will fall again in the near future?

I shopped them, but Dave Melson was a bit non-responsive and disengenous (sp?) about some details concerning the Guaranteed Trade Program Subaru was running last fall. He lost my LGT and my bro's LLBean to the local Leesburg, VA dealer over it once I called him on it. I had to deal with the GM Alan....

Fourth time shopping Fitzmall, fourth time buying elsewhere (at the same price though). :rolleyes:

I was told that the prices they list include the $1500 incentive. This kinda bummed me out, as I wanted financing and they said I'd need to add $1k, taking it to the price my local dealer had offered. So, technically, by this logic, the prices were cheaper last month before the incentive came out... so maybe they will fall again in the near future?

I just heard the same thing straight from them. The price on their website (which hasn't changed more than $500 in the past three months) includes the $1500 rebate. Which sucks.

I just heard the same thing straight from them. The price on their website (which hasn't changed more than $500 in the past three months) includes the $1500 rebate. Which sucks.

It was basically a $500 better price with the lower interest rates last month ($23400-ish with 2.9% for 63). I had assumed the deal would have improved, but the $1500 ruined it. I had been calling with intent to purchase, but this disappointment ticked me off sufficiently that I decided to wait. Some day... some day... a GT will be mine.

It was basically a $500 better price with the lower interest rates last month ($23400-ish with 2.9% for 63). I had assumed the deal would have improved, but the $1500 ruined it. I had been calling with intent to purchase, but this disappointment ticked me off sufficiently that I decided to wait. Some day... some day... a GT will be mine.

I totally agree with you. I understand that they are a high-volume, low-price driven dealership. But a $1500 rebate should mean a $1500 dfference in price...

I agree. I intended to trade my SUV in on a LGT at Fitz. However, they want to only give me $3500 less than the trade in value.....their reasoning is "we sell cars at a low price so we can't give top dollar for trades". Which basically negates me driving 450 miles up there when my local dealer will offer $3000 more on my trade (yet the LGT price is $3000 higher). Same difference in price....just less travel for me to do.

I got trade value from them on my Jeep. They commented about how nice it was....one of the nicest Wrangler's they had seen, then undercut Manheim auction price (the gold std.) by $1K. So, I sold it to a buddy for KBB trade-in value and bought my LGT locally with the Fitzmall price in hand.

I got trade value from them on my Jeep. They commented about how nice it was....one of the nicest Wrangler's they had seen, then undercut Manheim auction price (the gold std.) by $1K. So, I sold it to a buddy for KBB trade-in value and bought my LGT locally with the Fitzmall price in hand.

That's cool. I am gonna try and sell the SUV privately (it's in outstanding shape) and then pick up a LGT.

I cross-priced with them and other DC area dealers. good prices, but their sales reps were not very knowledgeable and a little slow moving and ended up getting undercut by don beyer, where I bought mine for under invoice. still, fitzmall seemed better than most....
getting out of the legacy game :cool:

I think I am going to try selling locally first. I just mentioned that I was thinking about selling my car and my buddy's wife is already interested.

What are you selling?

What are you selling?

My 2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES. Bought it used with 7320 miles on the clock in September of 2001. JohnM helped me get a hell of a deal on it (a little more than auction cost). At the time, it fit my needs perfectly. Since then I have put nearly 75,000 miles on it with no problems. But I'm at the point now where I want something gutsier.

I don't think you should expect prices to drop $1500 based on this months incentives cause last month they had step money up to $750. Still, fitzmall didn't change prices at all when this months incentives kicked in. I went to Stohlman in Tysons, their prices dropped around $750. They were great to deal with, Gerald in internet sales gave me an LGT for a 24hr test drive; give Gerald a call (703-893-2990).

Stohlman was anything but great to deal with when buying our WRX in 2003. Bait and switch on the financing, a dented exhaust and their Sr. Sales guy Gary calling to bitch about the poor performance on the customer survey. "You cost me $1000". He got hug up on.

I would have lost my job had I pulled a stunt like that. I spoke to the GM and VP about thatt experience and neither seemed to care. :rolleyes: Sorry.....but car dealers are car dealers.

Archived