LegacyGT.com

Azenis RT615!!

Guest turboman

Guest turboman

Superb. Best tires I've ever had (I know that's relative statement). I got the 215/40-17's and put them on 17x7 rims from Tirerack. They ride really nice, no harshness or noise. I haven't been able to make them squeal on a corner yet. But I might try again today, heh, heh..

They lower the car about a 1/2". With 1.3 degrees negative camber and 1/8" toe OUT there is no shoulder wear visible after a fast slalom with 40 psi (cold) in the front, 38 rear. In the slalom I literally could not find the cornering limit. Maybe I lucked out and got the exact right combination (slight possiblity) but I can't imagine it handling any better. There just are no faults to correct.

My WRX had a 20mm rear bar and strong trailing throttle oversteer. Lift off the gas and the tail would swing around by itself. Sounds great, but it's just not the fast way around a course. Too much wasted time waiting for tail to line you up when you should be on the throttle. The Legacy just pulls straight ahead whatever direction you choose, not matter how tight the corner, with the Azenis..

I was afraid the toe OUT would cause the steering to dart and follow irregularities and crowning on the road but there is no effect at all. Let go of the wheel and she tracks dead straight.

\

If any tire ever deserved *****, these do. :lol:

I've driven my RT615s (225/45/17) in the rain and they were noticably better than the RE92s. Can't say that I've experienced any hydroplaning with them yet, but I haven't driven much at highway speeds in a downpour either.

Yeah, at full tread depth mine have been fine in the rain. Not as good as the F1 GS-D3s I had on my WRX, but thats not surprising. My legacy does need an alignment though as the factory seems to have given it a good amount of toe out in front and its a bit darty.

Guest turboman
Yeah, at full tread depth mine have been fine in the rain. Not as good as the F1 GS-D3s I had on my WRX, but thats not surprising. My legacy does need an alignment though as the factory seems to have given it a good amount of toe out in front and its a bit darty.

Factory spec is 0" toe, front and rear. By the way, there aren't ANY tires that have decent wet handling with an 1/8" of tread. New tires are 8/32". When mine are worn to 1/8" (maximum slalom traction time) and if I still wanted to run them everyday in Oct. and Nov. before it snows, I'd get them "Micro-siped" for about $10 a tire like I did on the Ecsta's on the wives PT Cruiser. Helped tremendously.

Factory spec is 0" toe, front and rear.

I know what the spec is. I also know that there's a sizable range that can still be in spec and I know that lots of Subarus come from the factory with the alignment all over the place.

Guest turboman

just got mine set to 1/8" toe OUT and it handles beautifully. Before that it was at 0" toe (shown on computer alignment printout), and it was no better as far as tracking goes.

Look up Micro-siping in "Google". Firestone dealer did the wifes car. They have a rotating wheel/tire holder with a multi-edge razor like cutter that cuts slices in the outer layer of the tires tread. Lots of truckers do it. Tires grip better and some people (truckers) say tires last longer. Some prefer one direction sipes and some like a double-cut diamond pattern.

When I workied at the transit company, before I retired, I had drivers that refused to drive a bus in the winter without siping, and the union backed them up as a safety issue..

Guest turboman
I know what the spec is. I also know that there's a sizable range that can still be in spec and I know that lots of Subarus come from the factory with the alignment all over the place.

Hard to believe that the new Subaru plant in this country that makes Legacys could botch up a computer alignment. Maybe the guy loading the car carrier hit the edge of a ramp loading or unloading. Or in a "demo" someone hit a curb.

I've driven my RT615s (225/45/17) in the rain and they were noticably better than the RE92s. Can't say that I've experienced any hydroplaning with them yet, but I haven't driven much at highway speeds in a downpour either.

I have, during a Houston thunderstorm ....at 80+...:lol:

Archived