LegacyGT.com

'Back' to the beginning

Every time I use the 'back' button, or backspace, I end up defaulted to the top of the site, not where I left off.

For example, I like to start at the top of the main forum page and work my way down. If I get down to the 'Member Classifieds' forum, enter it, and don't see a particular thread I want to read I will hit 'back' to return to the main page and end up at the top of the page, having to scroll all the back down past "Member Classifieds" to get to the regional forums.

Most other sites return me to the place on the page that I left at. Is there any way to change this?

Every time I use the 'back' button, or backspace, I end up defaulted to the top of the site, not where I left off.

For example, I like to start at the top of the main forum page and work my way down. If I get down to the 'Member Classifieds' forum, enter it, and don't see a particular thread I want to read I will hit 'back' to return to the main page and end up at the top of the page, having to scroll all the back down past "Member Classifieds" to get to the regional forums.

Most other sites return me to the place on the page that I left at. Is there any way to change this?

+1

Mine just started doing this tonight as well although I just started using Firefox so I assumed that was why.....

Yup, that's the culprit. I have both browsers on my laptop and I just tried IE and it works as I'd like it to. IE also scrolls down through the page (using the arrow buttons) ten times faster than Firefox. Bummer, I prefer to use Firefox because of the tab feature. I'll search to see if there are any settings to pay with (fingers crossed).

Can't see any way to fix it, hopefully it is something that will be addressed in future Firefox updates. If I remember I'll bring it to their attention. Seems to be site specific (not an issue on NASIOC).

Archived