LegacyGT.com

Camry's changed their lights

I noticed it on one and thought maybe it was an aftermarket deal but they have "inversed" their rear lights.. wonder if it was in response to soobies..

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/2005/Toyota/100395314/032134-E.jpg

vs

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/2002/Toyota/100003558/010644-E.jpg

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I think it might be just a new design to go along with the new models. If i am not mistaken the new Toyota Avalon's have the same new design, or something very similar.

Not exactly.. this one kinda looks like an upside down LGT light :)

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/2006/Toyota/100400416/20022817-E.jpg

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I think I would have liked our lights better if they would have gone over through the trunk. Not like that picture above, but something a little better than what they are currently. It looks like the trunk cut off what would have been a nice looking tail light. The corners on the trunk side are too square while the rest of the light is round. I doubt any aftermarket part will fix that, but it still would have been nice. I still bought the car even with the asthetically unpleasing tail lights, so I guess I can't complain too much, eh?

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I think I would have liked our lights better if they would have gone over through the trunk. Not like that picture above, but something a little better than what they are currently. It looks like the trunk cut off what would have been a nice looking tail light. The corners on the trunk side are too square while the rest of the light is round. I doubt any aftermarket part will fix that, but it still would have been nice. I still bought the car even with the asthetically unpleasing tail lights, so I guess I can't complain too much, eh?

True.. and the other side of the coin is the big advantage of people mistaking it for a Camry, esp with no spoiler is that around town most cops dont give it a 2nd look, vs my trans am that even in Pewter I got tailed for no reason at least twice a week.

Most people who pay attention to cars wouldn't mistake them, either.

It is amazing how humans gloss over details, and a slight similarity can be interpreted as a positive match. People do that when identifying criminals in lineups, too. People are remarkably easily fooled by their own minds.

I am sure there are things that I gloss over, too. Not cars, but things like plants, or other things... Just human nature, I guess.

Archived