LegacyGT.com

ok...dumb question

So I pulled the set of Hella Supertones that I had on my Impreza off, and was going to install them on my Legacy. But, it would seem that I can't find the horn:redface:. So...who wants to tell me where Subaru hid this thing. I wanna deafen some stupid drivers :)

Thanks for the link.

ACZ- I don't really remember. They've been on the Impreza for about 4 years. I want to say that they were right around $50 though.

also put a blanket on the gound under the front bumper.

+1

The Supertones don't fit very well in the factory location. I put them there, but if I had to do it over again, I would have put them behind the grill and run wire back to the factory spot.

Actually, after seeing the picture of everything with the bumper off, and reading the thread about the intake resonator removal, I just removed the air box, and got to the horns that way. I mounted the Supertones behind the grill, I'll try to take a picture a little bit later. I left the factory horns mounted, so it'll be really easy to reinstall them at a later date if I need to :)

I wanted a louder horn last night.

I was heading downtown and got caught up in all the people leaving a Twins game. Well, as hundreds upon hundreds of people streamed in front of my car and my efforts to creep forward went without regard, I finally just gave the engine a good solid rev up to 6000 and scared the poo out of a bunch of pedestrians ... to no avail. Instead, people just mock cheered so I layed the horn on them and motioned like "WTF do you want me to do, you're completely blocking me from going down the road despite your 'no walk' sign." Once laying on the horn solid some people halted and the S4 next to me got a reprieve as well. As I lay on the horn, I could only think "Damn I wish I had something more potent" :(

I used the same brackets that were in the Impreza. I used a bolt that didn't look like it was used for anything else. the bolts are just to the outside of the rubber mounts for the AC condenser. They aren't the most sturdy thing, I'll need to see what else I can do to stiffen them up a bit.

Archived