LegacyGT.com

AccessPort - worth the $$$$?

Long story short...if the dealer signs a warranty with you with the AP installed, be sure it states that the AP and all effects are covered also.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, there has not been a single instance of engine failure that can be traced directly to a Cobb AP issue. Not one...and believe me, I researched this extensively prior to goin that route with my former STi. As I use these vehicles as my daily drivers, I can't afford down time, or the repair costs either. With the many tuning options available, I chose Cobb for 3 reasons 1) their reputation for design and test engineering prior to any product release and 2) the instance of zero failures with AP, and 3) I can't eff it up or let enyone else do the same because it's plug and play...no "tuning" needed. I KNOW if I had a UTEC I wouldn't be able to keep my itchy little fingers out of it. This way, I'm locked out and I prefer it that way.

does it pull so much harder? or not really that much crazier?

I can't speak for the Legacy yet, but with my STi, once I was at stage 2 with a DP, TBE, and AP Stage 2 93 Octance map, I could break all 4 tires loose from a roll in 1st gear and on a fairly aggessive shift, break them loose in 2nd gear also. I expect the Legacy to respond very well to a Cobb stage 2 setup and I also expect my grin factor to increase as well:D

ps...Cobb UP and AP ordered yesterday! Now just need to decide to re-use my STi Cobb DP with HF, or wait for the Legacy specific Cobb DP....

Archived