LegacyGT.com

Official Crystal Black Silica Thread (2010)

Tide

Your bronzed Legacy intrigued me. I've seen gold rims on Legacies before, and it wasn't my cup of tea... But the bronze -- that's interesting.

I was also curious as to how the car would look like if the grille was bronzed, lights cleared, and the chrome window trim blacked out. Through the magic of crude Photoshopping, I present you my creation:

Bronzed-Legacy.thumb.jpg.78b19829eb205617a49ac8f755cad763.jpg

Edited by Miro

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
At some point I wouldn't mind blacking out the trim, but as far as "murdering it out" goes, I'll be getting either winter rims, or summer rims, and even though all black wouldn't be a bad idea. I really do love the look of bronze and black, or maybe even another color combination. In reality though, I'm pretty stingy/cheap and I'll most likely buy whatever rims happen to be a good deal the time i buy them, regardless of the color.

Somewhat accidental shot of my car (it's super dirty, even though it's hard to tell). Went out looking for places to do some family pics and looked down and saw an odd and interesting view of my car.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d91/tater25rs/LegacyGT/IMG_0145b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
^^did you plasti-dip the chrome on the front Subaru emblem? Got a close up shot?
Looks like it. I had a shop do the same when they wrapped my grill in 3M flat black DiNoc. To match, I PlastiDipped the rear Subaru emblem chrome. Came out perfect and looks great on GGM.

Looks like it. I had a shop do the same when they wrapped my grill in 3M flat black DiNoc. To match, I PlastiDipped the rear Subaru emblem chrome. Came out perfect and looks great on GGM.

Pics? I've been thinking about doing this and plasti-dipping the 2.5GT badge as well.

Pics? I've been thinking about doing this and plasti-dipping the 2.5GT badge as well.
Yep, I have some including close-ups. I'll post them this weekend. Looks like alcopaulic and therover did the same with their front emblems: http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3829893&postcount=107

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3840948&postcount=508

You can also find some of my front emblem and 3.6R plastidip'ed pics in this thread (these were done before I plastidip'ed the rear emblem):

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3848036&postcount=4812

^^^ OK I want them back now lol. I'm starting to regret selling them, but at least they were sold to a good man. I wouldn't lower the car, but that's coming from a man with RCE springs on his car lol. I'm taking my tint off on Monday, its just TOO much darkness for my taste. Yes I am going back to the fish bowl look.
2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

Brian I love my new Wedsport wheels which are currently on my car. My BBS wheels won't be here until the end of May. I just really liked the look that the TSW wheels did to the car. Plus in reality, if I had kept them I would end up collecting wheels like I've collected car audio. Nope it was better for them to go to a new home. Now my Wedsport I'm running a strictly summer only tire on it. So until the weather stays above 60 degree, I am not getting the full benefit from them.
2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

I think that it almost looks like it could be a factory wheel... Wasn't looking for something too radical and this is just what the doctor ordered.

barcelo, they look great on your car. i'm sure you got a killer deal from Ben as well b/c he is very generous with his aftermarket part sales..