LegacyGT.com

05 Legacy Audio FAQ Compiled from board

gfxdave99

Just did a factory 2005 Legact GT automatic single din touch screen install.

total cost

$400 for install kit JDM

$300 pioneer touch screen (ebay)

$40 hazard button ( jdm )

$35 special plug from these forums i88 / hvac

$6 touch screen anti-break / dvd player ( ebay )

time = 3 hours of dicking off with foglights and headlights

remote wire / rca ran also for subs

Lots of eletrical tape

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

whats the actual size of the tweets in the front doors. I wanna upgrade the components but wanna make sure that the tweets and mids will fit. can anyone tell me if there is a different between 1" tweets from different manufactures. also is the back doors just a 6.5?

• 3 months later...

"Depth for the front OEM mids is 2." Anything beyond 2" will need an additional spacer ring."

^So just how big can the spacer ring be? ...a.k.a. so how much room in between the door panel & the door card. I don't want the surround from my speaker rubbing on the door card when I put it back on.

As far as adding an external amplifier for your SUBWOOFER. -Instead of purchasing a LOC, why not just tap into the OEM Subwoofer harness? ...assuming your aftermarket external amplifier has high level inputs.

Cleansweep alternatives: Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty .1 & .2. -They may have a .3 now. Audison Bitone. JBL MS-8. Alpine H650 & H660. Audiocontrol has a few. Mini DSP carries the "Mini's" -both balanced & unbalanced versions. Zapco has one. ...there should be a few more I'm forgetting about.

• 2 months later...
Great write up on all the FAQs. I just read through the whole thread. Very helpful. Im new here and I have a 05 legacy 2.5gt. I too hope to do a few mods. I really want to do the factory swap out w/ the jdm kit. The factory radio just ate all my CDs that where in there. Thanks for all the info and I plan to keep searching for all great mods and upgrades you all do. Any info is greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Most of the speakers mentioned in the OP are obsolete, as the 05 is now 6 years old... most manufacturers do not even make those models anymore.

Is there a newer list of models somewhere for door speakers/deck?

I went to best buy just to even look around and they were trying to tell me I had 4" speakers in my back door instead of the back deck... which I doubt.

check out reaudio.com

So im looking into adding another OEM Subwoofer under my passenger seat. I have searched and searched with no real definite answer on whether or not this is feasable, or even possible with the power the head unit supplies. Has anyone here done this, or know how this would potentially work out?

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a question I can't find an answer for, if I purchase the OEM Navi Bezel (http://fastwrx.com/lenavscbe.html) and install an aftermarket double din headunit up there will I run into any problems with my climate control or anything else? Can I still do the steering wheel controls mod? (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/install-steering-wheel-radio-controls-26232.html)

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
if I purchase the OEM Navi Bezel (link) and install an aftermarket double din headunit up there will I run into any problems with my climate control or anything else?

Should not cause any problems. You might want to look into moving clock to where you ashtray is. Search for 'clock relocation kit'.

Can I still do the steering wheel controls mod? (link to trabbic's thread)

Yes. You'll want to run the SWC wires directly to a steering wheel interface module (needed by most aftermarket HUs), or straight to the new HU (if it's one of the few that supports direct connection without requiring a module).

• 2 months later...

Anyone have any experience with the Polk db6501 for front, and db651s or db651 for the rear? Is the sound the same between the db651s and db651?

I plan on running these on the stock head unit (at least for now - not a huge car audiophile) and putting deflex pads behind the fronts.

So im looking into adding another OEM Subwoofer under my passenger seat. I have searched and searched with no real definite answer on whether or not this is feasable, or even possible with the power the head unit supplies. Has anyone here done this, or know how this would potentially work out?

Nobody has done this?!

Nobody has done this?!

It's been done. There's even a cable available.

http://ae64.com/WRXharness.htm

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=subaru+stereo+harness]Amazon.com: subaru stereo harness[/ame]

You could try this too... http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=265-349

Edited by compsurge

Nobody has done this?!

stack them up behind the headunit(takes ups a lot of space)

no issues so far

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

do you not have the harness?

if you do, just stack them into the HU

I guess you could tap into the existing one(too much work)

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Open it up and you'll figure it out in a second :)

This may or may not help. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/installing-removing-oem-subwoofer-harness-subwoofer-177809.html

Better photo: http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/4219/2005subharnessmr0.jpg

You'd just hook the harnesses into each other.

Edited by compsurge

Yea I have had the entire center console out multiple times cleaning and vinyl wrapping and stuff. I shouldnt have an issue with that. Our systems are down at work right now too, so I am just sittin around twiddling my thumbs when I could be home tackling this lol!