ksnh

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
I guess I should have looked at this before I bought the 05 LGT yesterday... I seriously have to spend 300$ to get a factory mounting kit? The climate controls are built into the faceplate? *SIGH*!!!

Car is still worth it. Don't let this scare you away.

Put me down as another finished install, mostly.

http://shane86.com/d/18833-2/2013-04-12+16_03_52.jpg

Everything is in and functional, i ran the USB1 and AUX line in to the cubby above the stereo, and the other usb to the small top cubby in the glove box. I had to tear the whole glove box out anyway to get good routing to the reverse signal wire.

XM antenna sits perfectly under the spoiler in the tailgate gap, and gets good signal under most circumstances. only in heavily wooded areas do i have signal problems. Open road is perfectly fine.

for a backup camera, i used this one on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170762340150

Not very impressed with it to be honest.. either the cable that came with it or the camera itself is fairly noisy. it gets the job done for now though, and it is basically invisible and appears OE. The lighting on mine is fairly yellow, so it matches a normal tail light bulb fine.

I've picked up a can of plastidip, and am going to try it on the center console in the next day or two. i feel like this should match the texture and color of the JDM black trim quite well.. and worst case scenario.. it peels off.

Car is still worth it. Don't let this scare you away.

It's not... I just wish I had come across this a month ago when I upgraded my head unit and put my old one in my 09 for the wife and in doing so added another Xm subscription. I would have held off till I knew what I was looking at. It's not 200$ to do it its 300+ and I didn't even pay that for the new deck with the Xm addon.

My 05 2.5i I traded has 150k and is losing oil. Dealer said they didn't find a leak and I didn't think it was smoking. They did say the front diff seals were leaking and it needs tires so it was time. If oil wasn't disappearing I wouldn't have considered trading it. I bought it with 21k. When I dropped it off for them to check it out the 05 GT limited they had caught my eye. Has 64k, 5-Speed and they gave me 3900$ for the 2.5i. It's already a done deal. I pick it up today.

I drive for my job. I have a company car pool but doesn't always mean one is available. My commute to works about 20-25 miles too. Just would have sit better if it were only the subs and amp collecting dust while I tried to figure out what to do not the Xm subscription, head unit and subs n amp.

@Shane86 - how do you like your Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS? I'm looking at that or the AVH-X8500BHS.

I too would like to know as I'm looking at the 5500. Your install looks really nice! You worked the gaps nicely.

On a weird side note I'm also in MN and my tuner's name is Shane :lol:

@Shane86 - how do you like your Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS? I'm looking at that or the AVH-X8500BHS.

I too would like to know as I'm looking at the 5500. Your install looks really nice! You worked the gaps nicely.

On a weird side note I'm also in MN and my tuner's name is Shane :lol:

It's actually the AVH-X8500BHS

I picked it especially for the Android AppRadio mode. I had thought about going with an AppRadio2, but when i realized that it wouldn't do squat without a device hooked up, and that this guy was on the release horizon i just waited a bit.

Overall i'm fairly impressed, some of the SD card functions aren't as smooth as i'd like right now, but part of that was my poor tagging and odd characters in both tags and file names.

AppRadio mode with ARLiberator is fantastic, and easily replaces nav. google music's interface works really well with it. I've got a few glitches right now, being a new radio it's not perfectly supported yet by ARLiberator, but a little time and it should clean up.

@coldsubycz: are you on MNSubaru? I'll be honest, not historically a fan of Shane's tuning...

Nice. I'm leaning towards the 8500 with the HDMI, SD, and removable face. Both have the 3 sets of 4V pre-outs (another reason the AppRadio sucks is lower voltage preamps). I'm an iPhone 5 user, and the cable is out for me to integrate with this unit now. I'm overdue for a stereo upgrade and I think the 8500 is going to be the best option along with the JDM kit. I may get the Pioneer backup camera down the road but right now it's just not a priority. This should work quite well with my 6 channel McIntosh amp ;)

Guys,

My CD changer jammed and I am looking to change out the stereo with a JDM A/C and AVH-X8500BHS unit also!

Has anyone heard of this company before? I think $540 shipped is the best price out there so far? Being up North, I'm not too familiar with the car audio superstores online.

Here's the link

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-11436-avh-x8500bhs-pioneer-7-2-din-in-dash-touchscreen-dvdusbmp3-receiver.aspx

Thanks,

J

eBay.

Got mine for $500 shipped.

Thanks for your help !!! And would you happen to know if this unit can fit the cubby above?

I have both the 2DIN JDM bezels for the cubby and the A/C just figuring out what works easiest and best.

Thanks again.

i can't speak to the cubby depth, but i think i'd be annoyed having a basically dead radio mounted right below my nice new one.

if you want to do something cool, use the 2nd zone video output of the 8500, and fill the cubby hole with the biggest screen you can fit.