• Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Got some endura tech coilovers in

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt307/fibtlcivic/coilovers.jpg

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt307/fibtlcivic/zzzz.jpg

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt307/fibtlcivic/zzz.jpg

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt307/fibtlcivic/zzzzz.jpg

Sooner or later Ill get a good camera and get some good pics, but for now all i have is the cell phone pics.

They look like they may hang down slightly lower than the same setup on a GT.

Way lower actually. Not so much of a problem till you drop the car to LGT height:p. Personally I hate the "fart can shoved under a bumper with no cutout like every ricer I see" look, but we all know what opinions are full of: The smart solution imo, and in keeping with the obxt's more sleeper styling, is to simply cut off the tips and weld on some oem looking (but bigger) single wall downturns. Our magnaflow looks a lot like oem from the back but sounds AMAZING, fitment is good, mufflers are tucked, and even tho' we are at oem ride height the catback is not obvious because of the oem like tuck it has. I can't stand/am likely to smack my exhaust or any aftermarket part hanging much lower than stock (on the LGT not the OBXT).

Otherwise, gorgeous outback. Love the solid body color. Love the LGT suspension wheel gap.

...anyone wanna buy some double wall magnaflow tips off me really cheap? :lol::lol::lol::lol: 99.9% joke...

Man you're really modding that thing aren't ya? No wonder why there's no cash left for a 'serious' sound system ;). In any case, it looks good man.

Ya ive been wanting to get more sound system stuff but since i already have a woofer im having a hard time justifying gettin more. After mt stage 3 build is done i may do some work to it though.

As far as the mufflers go im not a huge fan of how it looks but i dont hate it. Ive been looking into just cutting my own exhaust cutouts and putting like a carbon fiber cap over them like you see on some evos and sti's. So that i can tuck them up higher. If i do go that route ill probably paint the caps and get the exhaust shop to bring the mufflers all the way back so they are at least even with the end of the bumper.

Im against spending money to basically cut up the rear bumper and reduce resale value. Id rather see you with a JDM obxt rear bumper kit. Its an obxt not a lgt anyhow. I love ALL your mods but just dont like the fitment of the exhaust.

I suggest cutting on that exhaust not the bumper. Take it to a muffler shop. Cut off the tips. Move the hangers on the exhaust so the mufflers tuck really far up for oem fitment and get some sweet double walled oval or round slant tips with a moderate turndown so that the tips stick out just below the muffler, exhausting kind of level with the ground. Considered doing this myself but wife wanted it stealth and considered it ricey.

If you want I will post a pic of my obxt magnaflow setup and the tips I cut off. Hell if you like the tips, I'll send em to you cheap :lol:

Wouldnt hurt to see what it looks like. And yes on the jdm rear bumper with cutouts. Thats what I really want but dont want to pay for it. My friend has some dual tip magnaflow mufflers that I think would look pretty cool instead of 1 big tip on either side.

To tuck the exhaust up where the oem mufflers sit and keep the pipes from hanging lower than oem we had to cut the tips off otherwise they just hit the bumper. Even if I cut the bumper, to tuck them properly (like on an LGT) up to half the exhaust tip would have been hidden causing not only the bumper to end up melted but would likely exhaust into the cabin as well.

EDIT: Pics updated in this thread

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/introducing-mrs-lalgts-intamous-tuned-5mt-obxt-180191.html?t=180191&highlight=introducing+obxt

:eek:Hey OutbackXT05, I promise I'm not at all stalking you but are you streetracerss on youtube? If so it's interesting I just happened upon you on this forum. After watching those videos, I sent you a message on youtube about a month ago with some questions about your car and some bass.

Whether you are that guy or not, I am looking at getting a OBXT 5mt within the next year and my dream for it is crazy similar to what you've done with yours.

As far as suspension, could you list exactly what all parts you installed (pre-coilover)? Do you know the exact difference in ground clearance? Also, would that same parts list be a direct transfer to an 09 OBXT?

Regarding sound systems, how happy are you with your stock head unit and components? I'll have a 10w6v2 to put in the car when I get it and I'm worried about not having the necessary control with the factory head unit (I have a great Alpine unit now)... Other than the fact that I can't find an 07 OBXT 5MT for sale, I am leaning towards the 09 because they came with the Harmon Kardon components... supposedly these are pretty superior.

Yup thatd be me. Sorry i didnt respond to you on there, its hard to keep up with everything on that channel.

As far as suspension goes i had oem legacy wagon struts/springs. You can either buy the whole assembly used or new or just get the struts/springs and reuse all the other component off your outbacks coilover assembly. Other than that all i had was a whiteline rear sway bar and kartboy endlinks. Also that i know of, they parts should all transfer over to the 09 obxt.

The oem sound system in the outback isnt anything special but depending on the audio track it can get fairly loud. It isnt bad enough to where i absolutely have to change them out so I'd say they are good for what they are. Since I habe a bass knob for my sundown amp the oem headunit does just fine for me also.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for your prompt reply!

Where do you suggest I get the legacy wagon struts/springs? Do you know the exact difference in ground clearance the LGT wagon suspension made for your car?

Also, if I decided I didn't want to go that low,do you know of any options that would just drop the car about 1 inch? From what I've gathered, all that I would need for that is just springs but I'm having serious trouble finding non-OEM options for the outback.

So are stock ob top hats work?

Yup thatd be me. Sorry i didnt respond to you on there, its hard to keep up with everything on that channel.

As far as suspension goes i had oem legacy wagon struts/springs. You can either buy the whole assembly used or new or just get the struts/springs and reuse all the other component off your outbacks coilover assembly. Other than that all i had was a whiteline rear sway bar and kartboy endlinks. Also that i know of, they parts should all transfer over to the 09 obxt.

The oem sound system in the outback isnt anything special but depending on the audio track it can get fairly loud. It isnt bad enough to where i absolutely have to change them out so I'd say they are good for what they are. Since I habe a bass knob for my sundown amp the oem headunit does just fine for me also.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for your prompt reply!

Where do you suggest I get the legacy wagon struts/springs? Do you know the exact difference in ground clearance the LGT wagon suspension made for your car?

Also, if I decided I didn't want to go that low,do you know of any options that would just drop the car about 1 inch? From what I've gathered, all that I would need for that is just springs but I'm having serious trouble finding non-OEM options for the outback.

If you want to get everything new go to fredbeans website. He has all the oem stuff. For used youd just have to find them on here.

If those go too low they do make spacers that go ontop of the tophat to give you more ground clearance. With the legacy suspension it basically made the wheel gap even around the fender.

• 2 weeks later...

Shouldve gotten gold rims in the first place

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt307/fibtlcivic/goldrims1.jpg

I just dont think I can actually make the move on smaller tires though. Does anyone know what rpm Id be at doing 70mph? Because 3000 is already too high for my liking. Im currently on 225/50/18 and these are 215/40/18

Archived