LegacyGT.com

Beer Float

Scotty

Any of you tried a beer float?

Had one when I was in Los Angeles at the Golden State Cafe. Besides their awesome burgers, they have a beer float. Old Rasputin with brown bread ice cream. While it was weird at first, it ended up tasting pretty good once the ice cream mixed with the beer.

Yea I can see it. When I was visiting Germany a popular drink was a half and half beer and milk. That being said, beer and ice cream is not too far off. Plenty of chocolate/coffee/cream stouts out there that wouldn't be bad at all with a dairy accompanist.

Yea, I made the horrific mistake of trying this with corona and 2% when I got back to the states (I was already fairly intoxicated and it's what I had), it was the most terrible thing ever.

That being said, a heavy stout in a cream or even whole milk is not half bad, but like you said, not something I would drink regularly.

Stone smoked porter and vanilla ice cream = haven (for the chosen that believe in that thing)

they sell it at the brewery and give you a free one for your birthday.

http://www.stoneworldbistro.com/bistro_menus/dessert.asp

Real Beer -Or- Root Beer Float 7

Niederfrank’s Vanilla Bean ice cream served with Stone Smoked Porter or some really good root beer. You decide!

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived