LegacyGT.com

Can a Baja turbe engine fit?

I have a 2000 Legacy gt with the 2.5l N/A engine. I would really like to do an engin swap with a 2003 or 2004 Baja. I would like to know if the is actuailly possible. i dont want to put the WRX engine in beause i like the trque of the 2.5. Is this anyway possible and if so does anyone know where i can get a used engine.

Thanks, Evan

If you are going to spend the money on an engine swap, do it right and put the STi 2.5L in there!

Buy online or go to a junkyard...

Actually, why bother, you already have a 2.5L, might be cheaper to add a turbo to the one you already have, rather than swaping.

An engine swap is a LOT of work!

If you are going to spend the money on an engine swap, do it right and put the STi 2.5L in there!

Which is the Baja turbo motor... just like the Legacy GT ('05) motor is the same... just like the Forester XT motor is the same...

STi shortblocks are coming down in price pretty good.

Guys the 2.5L NA engine has a higher compression ratio.. He would not be able to run much boost with the stock motor with a turbo.

BINGO!!!

I think there's more complications when it comes to the wiring of the ECU from an STi motor ('05).. he'll be missing a lot of sensors and such, so he'll need to either bypass them or find another ECU to run the engine with. It's obvious that he shouldnt use the '00 ECU.

Keefe

Keefe

Search for turbo kits for an Impreza 2.5RS. The kit should include everythign you need including new pistons and rods to lower the compression ratio. Should also include some kind of ecu piggyback, flash, or replacement.

Moved to Older Legacy

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• 2 weeks later...
i'm confused. someone enlighten me please? why would you switch a 2.5L for another 2.5L?? aside from that . . . you can make the 2.5 you have really powerfull. if you want to go NA, they have heads, cams, etc. that will give you well over 200hp if used with basic bold-ons. or you could go with a turbo kit and run ~6psi, the price would be close the same either way. and if you have the $$, the sky's the limit.

i'm confused. someone enlighten me please? why would you switch a 2.5L for another 2.5L??

Because there are a lot of differences between Subaru's normally aspirated 2.5L and the turbocharged 2.5L.

Archived