LegacyGT.com

7,500 mile maintenance

Well my 2.5i is still new, less than 4,000 miles on the odometer, and I had the first oil change done a couple of weeks ago. The dealer tells me that they will need my car for a couple of hours for the 7,500 mile oil change because they do a comprehensive mechanical check to make sure it runs like it is supposed to.

Does anyone know what the 7,500 maintenance involves besides an oil change?

According to mysubaru.com .. they only change the oil and oil filter. The 15,000 mile service seems to be more comprehensive. Btw, I have gone in for every apt so far according to my service schedule. I want to keep a good relationship going with my dealer :)

What service is required at 15k? I thought it was basically oil changes/tire rotation till the 30k service? Guess I better re-read the maint. booklet I got with the car...

its not major, this is what the site shows ..

Replace Engine oil

Replace Engine oil filter

Inspect Disc brake pads and discs, front and rear axle boots and axle shaft joint portions

Perform Inspect brake lines and check operation of parking and service brake system

Inspect Clutch operation

Inspect Steering and suspension

A real rip off. My dealer wants $160 to do a oil and filter change and "inspect" bla bla bla. In effect they look at things. Dont really do anything other than an oil and filter change for $160 dollars= robbery.

The dealer tells me that they will need my car for a couple of hours for the 7,500 mile oil change because they do a comprehensive mechanical check to make sure it runs like it is supposed to.

who's your dealer?

This Space For Rent

I'm in Colorado - I bought my car from Mike Shaw Subaru, but have my service done at John Elway Subaru West.

man this is totally BS! i bought mine at John Elway Subaru West and they wouldn't replace the windshield wiper (they asked me to buy a better one myself), then they charged another member for a reflash which should be under warranty, now they are doing this to you?! you should report this on the next survey you get from Subaru of America.

go to Mike Shaw, they have been very nice to me!

This Space For Rent

Archived