LegacyGT.com

Dinged rear bumper, help!

STiSubie109

Late for work backing into a spot i didnt realize there was one of those posts jutting out an extra 4 inches or so and tagged it. Now i have a nice indent in the rear bumper, anyone know how to take off the bumper? I was thinking of pushing it out if its not so bad. If not...anyone know paintless dent removal in the fairfield ct area? thanks!

pop it out if you can. Ask your dealer about local airbrush shops - they fix lot damage just like this for the dealers so cars can be sold. I had a nice gouge in mine from someone being lazy pulling into the space next to me. I got it fixed for $150 - as good as new and it's impossible to see where it was done.

If the paint has flexed, even if you can pop it out and can't see it anymore, chances are it will start to flake soon. The downside of plastic bumpers.

^^^ Yeah, that. Its the stretching that causes a problem. You can't just pop it back into place. Its like trying to reform a taffy bar after you have stretched it.

I backed into a chain link fence once. I hit right on the pole where the fence part crosses over. Anyway, i eneded up having a nice X endented on the edge of my bumper. No body shop in the world was going to fix that. It cost $350 to get it repaired. It required heating the bumper to work the dent out and then repainting. Not cheap. It just depends on where the dent is. Pulling a dent out of sheet metal is easy. Plastic stretches and sometimes needs to be heated to remove dents. Contact a body shop and get an estimate.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived