LegacyGT.com

heading to florida for the first time from Canada.. help

wpgspecb

Hey guys, im heading to florida dec 13-20th. Ive never been. We land in orlando and are renting a house for a week. I have a wife and 2 year old in tow but wondering other than disney world and cape Canaveral (Kennedy space center) what else is there cool to do?

We are gonna visit miami, and maybe tampa. Wife isnt into football or hockey and as i said we have a 2 year old in tow. Im with my boss and his 2.5 year old as well.

Wondering if there are any drift/race/car shows going on in that time frame?

Any advice would be great, thanks guy!

Any subaru/leggy meets planned?

Jason

Hey guys, im heading to florida dec 13-20th. Ive never been. We land in orlando and are renting a house for a week. I have a wife and 2 year old in tow but wondering other than disney world and cape Canaveral (Kennedy space center) what else is there cool to do?

We are gonna visit miami, and maybe tampa. Wife isnt into football or hockey and as i said we have a 2 year old in tow. Im with my boss and his 2.5 year old as well.

Wondering if there are any drift/race/car shows going on in that time frame?

Any advice would be great, thanks guy!

Any subaru/leggy meets planned?

Jason

Jason,

Your heading to the right place if your going to Orlando. There's alot to do around that area. Some examples would be Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure (part of Universal and right next it) SeaWorld, Wet n wild (water park) and a host of other attractions like dinner shows. In Tampa, we have Busch Gardens (roller coasters) and Busch Garderns Adventure Island (water park). Tampa is about 1 hour or less (depending how fast you drive) from Orlando.

As far as drift/race/car shows going on...not quite sure. I'm still trying to find those myself. I hope this helps!! Have a safe trip down!! ;)

thx guys, we are here now, had a great flight.

left -40c to arrive to +7c, and only getting warmer to 22c this weekend.

saw only subaru so far, and it was a legacy, silver, off #4 hwy, couldnt tell if it was a gt.

having fun so far, kids are loving it, planning to hit disney at the end of the week when its nice.

tomorrow is KSC!

Been in the high 30's the last two days in Miami (only in the early am) . Weather gets reasonably warm the next few days (70's for a high). Motorsports slows this time of year down here. I suggest a liesurely dive down the keys if you have time. Going to South Beach is a popular thing to do. Miami Metrozoo on 152 st is cool. You can rent a 2 or 4 person bike and ride around seeing the animals.

Archived