LegacyGT.com

OBD connection is where?

giwan

Have just got a hold of a 1999 Legacy Outback not sure if 2nd or 3rd generation. 2.2 4sp auto.

The CEL came on and trying to find where the connection is to read the code. I see what looks like a connection on the right side of the drivers footwell but it is a different type of connector. Went to Auto Zone and they won't do it any more.

I also found 2 green connectors under the dash that seem to go together and now the CEL blinks. Read somewhere they should NOT be connected. Any help appreciated, these forums can be a lot of help.

Thank you

Don't connect the green connectors.

The OBD II port is behind a little door on the driver's side, on the kick panel. It's at that weird angle where you won't see it unless you duck down and physically look for it.

Yes thanks found it. Got the code 0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold, sounds like there could be lots of potential reasons for it. I also checked the codes with the green connectors connected and got 11 codes.

Sounds like I need to take it to a shop or are there a few easy things to change and try?

Archived