LegacyGT.com

Technical info on BOV/BPV Set up and operation

So you like the GFB BOV for 50/50 or VTA applications, but what about if I just want to upgrade my factory BOV, just in case it may be leaking too much (I'm tuned for 19psi), and continue to run 100% recirc? Any brands recommended?

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

2009 Spec.B SWP Stg 2+ Airboy tuned

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 5.7

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ im in the same boat. this thread i think sold me on the gfb 50/50. im running stage 2 with a top mount and want to upgrade to avoid leaking at the higher boost pressures im running and plan to run in the future. great thread INFAMOUS!

Quick question. I know you stated in post #5 that this thread is not designed to discuss Recirculating BOV's but could you tell me if there is any issue/negative with running one regardless of the desired WHP?

I have a build project in mind, but do NOT like the whoosh sound of traditional aftermarket BOV's and know that Audi, VW, etc. use recircs without issue, but I have not seen much regarding Subaru's.

I did a search and even a Google and only came up with people wanting to remove theirs, not anyone keeping them once their builds began.

As a reference I am looking to upgrade to a BNR Billet 16G with supporting mods, but still want to maintain little to no BOV sound.

Thanks

Then recirc is your friend. I will tell you that if you change out your intake to other than stock, you will hear even a stock BPV and certainly a recirc BOV whoosh - not very pronounced, but no way to avoid that.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

As long as the sound level is at its lowest point possible, I understand that with performance upgrades the sound of the BOV is a necessary evil just by the nature of the device releasing massive amounts of air in a short period of time and through a small nozzle.

So in your opinion, recirc BOV plumed back to the intake is the best way to reduce sound for a modified turbo vehicle?

I've just converted a GFB Respons from 50/50 sortof, to 100% recirculate. Easily plugged and will log to see if there's any change

I've just converted a GFB Respons from 50/50 sortof, to 100% recirculate. Easily plugged and will log to see if there's any change

Word, interested in this too as I am running 50/50 now. I need to source lighter spring....any help on this would be much appreciated, will be searching soon if know one knows offhand.

• 2 weeks later...
I bought this used bov, I tried installing it, but it came with the wrong flange. My question is will a 02-07 wrx flange fit on a legacy, will an sti flange fit it?are all tmic flanges the same they all look similar triangular shape with a circle middle! Are they all the same?, and how big of a plug do I have to get? To plug the hoses? Thanks in advance

I bought this used bov, I tried installing it, but it came with the wrong flange.

• My question is will a 02-07 wrx flange fit on a legacy - No
  • Will an sti flange fit it? - No
  • Are all tmic flanges the same they all look similar triangular shape with a circle middle! Are they all the same?, - No
  • And how big of a plug do I have to get? To plug the hoses? Thanks in advance - Measure the outside diameter of your stock BPV and get a plug that fits that measurement. There's some "flex" available in the recirc hose, but not much.

• 1 year later...