LegacyGT.com

2005 Stage 3 Outback XT STI Seats

Scooby2.5

Stage Next......Just bought all the spec b aluminum control arms, whiteline pieces off the forum and a set of RCE Tarmac 1's

This is the for sale thread pic.....I didn't purchase this guys RCE coils, I had already found some, but I did get all the spec b and whiteline stuff.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=168021&d=1384739298

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea I paid 900 for the coils, which are around 2k new....

Paid 900 for all the spec b stuff and it had $450 worth of whiteline parts and at least 1K worth of spec b parts if not more.

All of it had less than 10K miles.

Ill be selling $300 worth of what I bought and I sold my stock Outback XT suspension for $360

Wheeling and dealing and continuing the used budget build.....

Not really I sold all my stock struts and springs with only 45k on them for 180. That is going price on ebay....

I then will be selling him my rear control arms, trailing brackets, spacers, bolts etc for 180. Also the going rate on ebay.

Its a guy converting a legacy gt to OB XT height.....

By the way if anyone wants them I will be removing some front control arms, that have the AVO offset caster bushings pressed into them.

Allows you to have a bit more caster where the OB had hardly any....

Yea its all spec b pieces.....

Really the only thing I will have left if I am able to use all the spec b stuff is this:

1. Front Control Arms (A Arms) with AVO offset caster bushings

2. Rear stock outback/legacy trailing arms, like the long aluminum ones in the above picture.

3. Legacy GT Rear Upper Control arms, like the smaller ones toward the bottom of the picture. Freshly sandblasted ready for paint or powder coat.

4. BC/BR Coilovers with outback cartridges (just a bit longer). These really need new cartridges so you could purchase legacy or outback cartridges from import image and they would be good to go.

#3 could be slapped right on your car in place of your rear chunky outback arms to give you more travel to the bump stops in the rear.

Not really I sold all my stock struts and springs with only 45k on them for 180. That is going price on ebay....

I then will be selling him my rear control arms, trailing brackets, spacers, bolts etc for 180. Also the going rate on ebay.

Its a guy converting a legacy gt to OB XT height.....

Is this a first? Certainly first time I recall hearing about it - would be interested in seeing what it looks like when it's done, although it's not hard to picture I guess...

just put in my upper control arms yesterday. gonna wait on the coilovers even thought thats a decent price. that wound be my 5th suspension I've rotated in and not sure it will make me any happier. ya know? I want a BMW ride....pretty sure the coil overs are gonna be too firm.

thanks though.

just put in my upper control arms yesterday. gonna wait on the coilovers even thought thats a decent price. that wound be my 5th suspension I've rotated in and not sure it will make me any happier. ya know? I want a BMW ride....pretty sure the coil overs are gonna be too firm.

thanks though.

The only way to get a BMW ride is to buy a BMW. :rolleyes:

I found high quality coilovers make a lot of difference. Had cheap ones and ride was a bit rough. Bought high quality ones and had just as good of handling but much better ride, dampening, etc. (I think the springs were even a little stiffer but the whole setup worked much better.)

• Moderators
Yea Natoli thy BCs are a bit stuff. That is actually why I bought the RCE coils. Everyone says they are so nice for street driven car and dampened for our crusty US roads.

You'll love 'em. Now hurry up and install those bastards so I can compare you tire / ride height setup and order my wheels / tires accordingly :cool:

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

You'll love 'em. Now hurry up and install those bastards so I can compare you tire / ride height setup and order my wheels / tires accordingly :cool:

I'm going for same ride height I have now. Approx 14.5 from fender to wheel center. Stock LGT is around that or 15

Archived